These are my sad eyebrows.

KDKA-TV’s Jim Lokay is leaving Pittsburgh after six years. His last day on air as traffic and transportation reporter is Oct. 14.

Mr. Lokay, a native of East McKeesport, will become the co-anchor of the morning news program at Boston’s WCVB.

Jim is who I chose to do my “coming out” interview with because he puts you at ease.

Jim does good things for charities here in the Burgh.

Jim’s family is here and Jim is a Pittsburgh boy.

Jim is beyond generous and always willing to help.

Jim takes softball very seriously.

Jim has a killer sense of humor.

Jim can dance.

Jim is my friend.

Jim deserved better than being the traffic reporter.

And he got it.

Pittsburgh’s loss is Boston’s gain.

1. Cassie
    October 5, 2011 1:57 pm

That photo is AWESOME.

2. spoon
    October 5, 2011 1:57 pm

Man who’s gonna coach Yinz Team now? Its like my beer league softball career is now in a downward spiral.

Best of luck jimmy! Boston is lucky to finally have someone who can speak like a normal person.

3. Z
    October 5, 2011 2:19 pm

I’ll be sorry to see Jim leave, but KDKA has let several good people slip through it’s fingers lately.

Wishing Jim all the best in his new position.

4. CrashJK
    October 5, 2011 2:40 pm

Yoiks…it’s that Talbo guy in the pic….

5. MizzPenz
    October 5, 2011 3:04 pm

True Story: At a Pens game, my friend sitting beside me was jumping up and down and twirling her Pens Playoff Towel and just then, this guy in front of us turned around to give me a high five. My friends towel SMACKED him in the face and the corner of the towel went right in his eye. He’s yelling in pain with his hand over his face. Then he takes his hand away to look up at her, and my friend yells, “Hey!!!! It’s Jim Lokay!!!!!” He managed to still do some high fiving.

I’m really glad she didn’t poke his eye out that night.

6. Dan (Not Onorato)
    October 5, 2011 3:09 pm

Ill still wear my Team Lokay shirt proudly!

Good luck Jim!

7. Woy
    October 5, 2011 3:16 pm

+1 and then some.

8. jj
    October 5, 2011 4:17 pm

so happy for jim, he will be missed! hopefully he’ll come back to us some day ;)

9. Chris
    October 5, 2011 5:01 pm

I worked with him a few times…very nice and very professional. Boston is a big move up for him. Wishing him the best of luck and just hope that he doesn’t turn into a Patriots fan.

10. rose
    October 5, 2011 5:56 pm

i’ve followed jim’s career since he was on the air here at calu. good guys deserve all the good things that come their way. congrats, jim!

11. Sooska
    October 5, 2011 6:57 pm

Man, this makes me sad too. He deserved WAY better from the local stations. And he will be sad too up there among all those…Patriots, Bruins and Red Sox fa…whiners.

12. Barb
    October 5, 2011 7:24 pm

SO sad to see this news today.

Congrats to Jim for his new position. I know I’ll miss watching on the morning news. I wish KDKA had given him the anchor desk w/Jen Antkowiak!

13. katsbynp
    October 6, 2011 7:51 am

So sorry to see him leave but he should have been a news anchor here years ago.

Congratulations on his new job.

14. Gabe
    October 6, 2011 9:58 am

Jim is usually the reason I tune in to KDKA. He is just a great person. Good Luck Jim!

15. facie
    October 6, 2011 10:13 am

First Stephanie Watson, now Jim. KDKA, you disappoint me.

16. emstef23
    October 6, 2011 12:20 pm

Heart = broken. Good luck Jim – Boston is lucky to have you. Wear your Steelers gear proudly!!

October 6, 2011 2:40 pm

Wait … Stephanie Watson and her dead cave eyes are gone? And somebody noticed?

18. CarolineFB
    October 6, 2011 6:48 pm

The local Pittsburgh news broadcasts are a joke. KDKA never used him to his best potential and he deserved better. Good guy. Best of luck Jim!

Glad Stephanie Watson is gone. Her eyebrows didn’t move when she spoke. Kinda freaked me out.

19. Beth
    October 6, 2011 9:27 pm

You forgot “Jim can sing his ass off.” We spent many a karaoke night together at Cal U. But you’re right…Jim Lokay deserves every good thing that comes his way. Here’s hoping he’ll be back again someday!!!

20. Karyn
    October 9, 2011 2:13 pm

KDKA really blew it here because Jim is a local guy who truly KNOWS and LOVES Pittsburgh. When we had that horrible Sunday ice storm a couple of years ago (reference Channel 11’s Ice Storm ’09 docu-drama) Jim was kind enough to do a live video chat and give everyone personal advice on where to go and how to get there safely. You don’t see that kind of committment these days and it was not forgotten.

Best of luck, Jim! Please don’t turn into a Patriots fan!

21. Gregory H
    October 11, 2011 8:47 am

I’m sad to see such talent leave the Pittsburgh market. I’ve enjoyed seeing Jim do more than traffic on those days he filled in for someone. He deserved an anchor position in the Burg!