Hilarious Mission Possible

Tom Cruise and family, as you know, are in and out of town a lot these days, with sightings happening mostly in downtown and the North Hills areas of the city.

Rather than stalk the Cruise-Potter family (What? She’ll always be Joey Potter to me.) as they experience our city, you can just photoshop them into all sorts of awesome Burgh situations, which is what ‘DVE called for in their recent Tom Cruise Photoshop Contest and the results are HILARIOUS.

A few of my favorites shared with permission:

HAH! Tom Cruise WOULD take the pierogie race this seriously.

Black and yellow and manic!

Going to pee my pants.

Peeing my pants.

GENIUS!

STILLERS!

Looks like Tom may have “disrupted” the arena.

Hee.

DELICIOUS NOMS MUST BE EATEN VIOLENTLY!

NOT THE EYEBROWS!

Brilliant.

You have to go check out the whole gallery of over 250 photoshops of Tom Cruise doing Pittsburgh stuff. He’s a furry! He’s a construction worker! He’s a Penguin! He’s a Steeler! A zombie! Steely McBeam! Mister Rogers! Andy Warhol! Too short to ride Kennywood rides!

The list goes on and on.

I love the Internet.

1. Unapologetically Mundane
    October 6, 2011 4:24 pm

I mean, I’m originally from Ohio, but you guys have . . . not a lot going on there, huh?

I’ll admit that the blackface really won me over, though.

Also, I’d like to grace you with my favourite Cruise-esque photobomb of myself:

I’m sorry.

2. Unapologetically Mundane
    October 6, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh, no, my HTML was denied! Well, I guess it’s really for the best. The face in that photobomb has been described as my “I sharted” face.

3. inBrookline
    October 6, 2011 5:22 pm

Ohio has great highway rest stops.

I visit them while on my way to more interesting states like Indiana.

4. Noelle
    October 6, 2011 6:31 pm

Cleveland has a couple of decent museums. *crickets*

5. Noelle
    October 6, 2011 6:33 pm

Although “Unapologetically Mundane” kinda says it all in the end.

6. Noelle
    October 6, 2011 6:37 pm

…and Tom humping my office has me just a wee bit skeeved.

7. Cassie
    October 6, 2011 6:58 pm

What I’ve never understood about Ohio is why it’s SO DAMN EXPENSIVE to drive through when it’s by far the most boring state I’ve ever been through. Is that supposed to deter us from actually visiting again?

8. Noelle
    October 6, 2011 7:21 pm

Cassie, that’s so the rest stop pavilions on the turnpike can continue to offer the only decent dining and entertainment facility in the state. It’s really for your benefit. (ba ha ha ha)

9. PittCheMBA
    October 6, 2011 7:32 pm

If anyone can find Tom Cruise, Mayor Lukey will.

10. Butcher's Dog
    October 6, 2011 7:33 pm

As I’ve stated before, Ohio only exists because PA and Indiana needed the parking.

Having said that I just this very hour came back from a day-trip to see my aunt there and out in BFE-mid-state, right beside a major interstate highway, I paid $3.14 for gasoline. Real gasoline. Got me clear back to Mercer County. Cause to give one pause, eh?

11. LisaB
    October 6, 2011 10:18 pm

I loved Cruise-as-Warhol, the resting fat furry, Flashdance, and the Mother Ship…”the REAL reason Tom Cruise is in Pittsburgh”.

October 7, 2011 12:29 am

What did we do for fun before the Internet? Must have just had sex all the time.

13. MN
    October 7, 2011 2:11 am

I have lived in Cleveland and would say that Ohio is on par with Iowa for being so boring I’m not motivated enough to try to find words to describe just how BORING!

14. Pingback: That's Church » BAHTROYSEESUS!

15. Unapologetically Mundane
    October 8, 2011 6:24 pm

I kind of enjoy that all of the comment became about Ohio after me. I guess all press is good press, as they say.

16. empirechick
    October 9, 2011 1:43 am

UM – your comments were enough to make me click through to your blog, and I completely agree with the suckiness of Apple earbuds (and I enjoy your sarcastic style). So at the very least you’ve piqued the interest of one potential reader.

Although you have to admit, those Tom Cruise photoshops were damn funny. What sort of contest did your local radio station do the last time he was filming in Ohio?