1. This is an actual page from my little niece’s Christmas book. It is the first page, to be exact:
Hee. I’m twelve.
2. This is really cool. Penny Postcards from 1917 that show what your town looked like then! Search by state, then county, and then pick a town near you.
Here’s Fifth Avenue:
It’s so sad, but I can’t read that handwriting because IT IS TOO NEAT.
I can’t decode that shit.
(h/t my Dad)
3. Boo and Brew is a fun event of North Shore bar-hopping in costume and it all benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation!
If you go as a slutty turtle, I will disown you.
4. Next week, I’ll be giving away two tickets to this Steelers autograph session that features Mike Wallace and an open bar and Mike Wallace and some other Steelers and appetizers and Mike Wallace. $250 value! And it all benefits CASA, a great organization.
5. Here’s a video in which Daniel Sepulveda is heavily featured starting at 4:20. We learn that Daniel wears glasses. Daniel has amazing arm muscles that beg to be circled and smiley faced in MS Paint. Daniel was a cute kid. Daniel loves Jesus. And at 9:40, Daniel reveals his hidden talent:
He can juggle. He’s just rubbing it in now. Juggling is impossible when you have an inner ear thing.
6. This has made my day. My heart is happy. I want to hug things. The Princess Bride cast reunion photo!
I spy an R.O.U.S. too!
I’m going to say something that is going to offend some of you: The Princess Bride is my Star Wars.
Have fun stormin’ the castle!
[throws iocane powder at the Star Wars fanatics]
7. Criminals are criminals because they are stupid.
Police have charged two men they said used stolen firefighter radios to plan the theft of fresh batteries from a Logan Township fire station.
Blair County 911 alerted Logan Township police just before 2 a.m. Oct. 5 that two radios stolen earlier from the Martinsburg Volunteer Fire Department went live at just before 11 p.m., and at about 1:30 a.m., dispatchers listened as two men discussed driving to the Newburg Volunteer Fire Department to recharge the batteries, police said.
On the bright side, their butts didn’t dial 911 on them.
8. What? These shoes?
Oh, nothing. Just painted by a HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR!
She is seriously talented and now I hate all my shoes.