Twitter fighhhhhhht [/Oprah voice]

What They’re Really Thinking is up. Just scroll down or click here and enjoy.

Mark Madden and Ryan Clark are having it out on Twitter in unreal fashion. You grab the popcorn, I’ll grab a couple bags of Sour Patch Kids and let’s sit back and enjoy the show!

I cut and paste it all for you and both accounts are the actual user accounts. All of this stems from this interview, I’m gathering, that Ryan Clark did with Andrew Fillipponi:

Andrew Fillipponi is joined live at Nakama by Steelers safety Ryan Clark. Ryan goes on the offensive against media types like Andrew who allegedly questioned if Troy’s concussion symptoms were a result of a head butt by Ryan.

Here we go! Twitter Fight, starring Mark Madden, Ryan Clark, Poor Spelling, and special guest cameos by DVE’s Randy Baumann and Heaven’s Jesus Christ. Directed by Immature Asshole and Produced by Raging Moron. Shot on location in my living room:

Show of hands: who loves Randy Baumann? [throws two hands up]

Aside: I haven’t listened to the interview, but I’m reading online that Ryan never used the word “retard.” Maybe he did. Someone let me know.

It sounds like Mark Madden’s egomaniacitis is flaring up a bit. Let’s just end it with Jesus.

P.S. Do you think maybe Mark Madden actually doesn’t know how to spell “good” and “would”?

P.P.S. I heard Britney Spears’ next song is entitled, “2Apologize 4Being an Ass.” True story.

1. Steverino
    October 25, 2011 10:47 am

Hilarious. I’m picturing some overweight guys sitting on Barca-loungers in dimly-lit rooms with sports on the tube. Beer nearby and a red Cheeto’s hue in their unkempt beards and crumbs running down their t-shirts.

2. Julie
    October 25, 2011 10:56 am

Mark Madden is an ass with an ego he doesn’t deserve to own because he looks like a troll from the set of “Goonies.” He thinks that Shock Jock and Dumb Ass are the same thing. At least listening to him, it made ME think that.

And I, too, LOVE Randy Baumann. I’ve long throught that Krenn’s time has come and gone, and that Randy needs his own sidekick. I vote Sean Collier!

3. PittinDC
    October 25, 2011 11:06 am

I’m listening to the interview right now. Ryan Clark said that “he didn’t know if he could say retarded on the air,” but that it was a dumb statement to say that his headbutt would be the cause of Troy’s concussion symptoms. It was still a clearly poor choice of words, but he didn’t say that the reporter was retarded. I guess that you could insinuate that, since he was saying that about the statement, but I think that Mark Madden is taking thing a little far with that accusation. Shocking, I know!

Also, Randy is awesome!

4. inBrookline
    October 25, 2011 11:21 am

I’m not by any means a Madden fan, but Ryan Clark deserves whatever he gets from the local media. I think it’s hi-larious that Madden is picking on him.

Nobody seems to recall how Ryan Clark said Pittsburghers should act more like Philly fans. Clearly the man is delusional.

If it was my choice, I’d trade him to Denver.

5. Al Lambrini
    October 25, 2011 11:37 am

Madden for what ever he is worth on the radio is a fantastic sports writer and is miles ahead of the rest of the pittsburgh sports print media in that regard. Andrew Fillipponi is annnoying as stone in your shoe and about as interesting as dishwater with all his earnest blather, lighten up francis

6. Ben
    October 25, 2011 11:50 am

They both look like idiots! Nice pick, tho.

7. TripleC
    October 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Couple thoughts:

1. Madden gets great ratings. Love him or hate him, people sure do listen. Besides, he’s the only one that seems to really know hockey and it is somewhat refreshing to have a media personality not constantly kissing the Steelers backside. Can he be abrasive? Yep, but that’s part of his gig.

2. I’m not that familiar with the little pi$$ing contest these 2 are having, but Clark has on more than one occasion come off as a knucklehead. Just my opinion.

3. Andrew Fillipponi? Never heard of him.

4. Speaking of DVE. I assume they are still spinning tunes 24/7 that were popular 30 years ago?

8. Jim W
    October 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I haven’t listened to madden for a couple years now, but I LOVE Clark’s interviews. I wish I felt like he hadn’t lost a step. . . but I do. Maybe he’ll stick around and help coach or something.

9. InTheBurgh
    October 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Not a fan of Madden but glad that someone is calling Ryan Clark out on his holier-than-thou twitter attitude. He makes controversial statements to rile people up and then responds with any criticism/feedback saying things similar to “God wouldn’t judge, so who are you to judge?” and the like. Instead of giving any type of response, he pulls the God card.

Steeler players (and most pro athletes in general) need to step away from twitter.

10. K
    October 25, 2011 12:59 pm

The funniest part of the interview is that Filliponi actually said those things about Clark on the postgame show after they played Jacksonville, but wouldn’t stand up to Clark when challenged. That doesn’t mean you have to be physical, but at least be man enough to own your words.

As for Clark, he is a complete tool. He usual retort for anyone questioning him is that they never played professional football. He stopped going to that well when you consider his own head coach didn’t get past William and Mary.

I listen to the morning show on the Fan on my way to work, and they basically had to move Clark from his regular segments. Half the time you didn’t know if he was going to be on. When he was, he acted like a jerk. He also had to be separated at camp from Joe Bendel asking when Clark blamed ownership for the labor woes if it included the Rooney family. Fair question, don’t you think?

Madden is a loudmouth, but is playing Clark like a violin. Too bad nobody at The Fan has the stones to call him out.

/end rant

11. Butcher's Dog
    October 25, 2011 1:25 pm

If anyone seriously and truly gives a shit about any of this beyond the level of mere curiosity, that may be a sign that the apocapolypse is getting closer. Sports talk radio was bad enough; what did we do to deserve this?

12. Unapologetically Mundane
    October 25, 2011 2:50 pm

It’s like–I want to think celebrities aren’t paying people to do their tweeting for them. And then I see things like this and wish they all were.

If football players can be considered celebrities. This is football we’re talking about here, right?

13. ryan
    October 25, 2011 3:16 pm

in short, replace madden with steve mears… replace baumann with billy crawford… and hope mark and randy each take a steigerwald with them, under their arm, to their next gig…

14. Suzie-Q
    October 25, 2011 5:58 pm

I thought Mark Madden was former Quarter Back for Steelers…oh wait…that is Mark Malone. Who is Mark Madden????!!!!!

15. spoon
    October 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Randy Baumann is church

16. Ginny's Dad
    October 25, 2011 10:07 pm

I can’t believe I wasted 3 minutes reading that gibberish – except for Randy who tried to defuse the situation. Referring to Jesus as the “baddest man to ever walk this earth” seems to contradict His teaching about turning the other cheek and loving your enemies.

Four hands up for Randy because he gave me two tickets last year (thanks to Ginny’s association) so that my daughter and grandson could attend their first Steeler game.

17. Scott
    October 26, 2011 10:23 am

Cannot stand Madden. To use one of his terms, he’s an “ass clown”.

A few years back, ESPN Radio gave him a weekend slot nationally and he was yanked off the air after about 3 weeks. I won’t deny that I enjoyed that little reality check.

18. Beth
    October 26, 2011 11:53 am

Fighting on the internet is like running in a donkey race. Even if you win, you’re still a jack ass.

19. StacyfrPgh
    October 26, 2011 12:49 pm

I’m no fan of Madden, I think he is a jerk, but I applaud anyone who takes any professional athlete and say “We are tired of kissing your butt”. Also? love Randy B.

October 26, 2011 3:21 pm

they do call it TWITter for a reason.