1. I’m sitting here watching WQED’s Pittsburgh From the Air (Thursday at 8! Never forget! PHG!) and I had a thought as we were flying over Kennywood.
Don’t you think Kennywood should have cameras that automatically snap pictures as people hit the double dip in the Jack Rabbit? The resulting photos of the contorted faces of terrified kiddies being popped out of their seats would win the Internet.
2. As we expected, the NHL Draft will be held in Pittsburgh next year. Expect an influx of puck bunnies unseen since ever.
Did you rejoice? Did you praise Bettman on high and fall down and weep into your hands? Did you run around your office high-fiving all of your co-workers? Did you shred paper and throw confetti at your mailman?
Or did you just go, “Oh. Cool!”
I thought so.
3. Another local paranormal investigation. Another dead end. Fuzzy pictures. Maybe some noises. Nothing too odd. Nothing conclusive.
Just once I’d like to have a paranormal team be filming and all of the sudden a very clear ghost appears out of thin air and then shouts directly into the camera, “BOO, MOTHEREFFERS!”
I would pee.
4. This year I’m co-chairing the Community Human Services Holiday Gift Card drive which aims to provide a gift card to 550 individuals living in CHS assisted housing programs. Everyone who celebrates Christmas should have a gift this year and CHS is making sure that those who would otherwise have none, receive a gift that allows them to buy what they need for themselves, with dignity.
There is a kickoff event happening in December that I’ll of course be attending and telling you more about, but first there’s a smaller event on November 3 at Hough’s. Entry is only costing you a gift card or a cash donation to enjoy auction items and fun. Details are here! My goal is to swing into this event immediately prior to the Steelers event that night. I CAN DO IT.
5. At first I thought this was a tattoo on this pregnant Steelers fan’s belly and I was like, man, that is going to look like Rainbow Brite on meth when it deflates, but it’s just body paint and I have no words anymore.
6. Do you have a pressing question you’d like to ask Brett Keisel? Beard grooming tips? What to do when you lose a bagel in your beard? Or maybe you have football questions? He’s holding an online town hall for an hour on November 3 starting at 5:30 p.m. on Concert-Oh, which is a locally based internet company. You just need to go snag a free account and add bkeisel99 as a friend to take part!
It is also mentioned on Brett’s official page, just scroll down!
7. I forgot to include this picture in What They’re Really Thinking! There was a slutty referee at the Arizona game:
I’ll allow it.
8. Finally, Random.org chose comment #51 to win the tickets to the CASA event with Mike Wallace. The winner has been emailed. If that’s not you, you can buy tickets here!
Just don’t come dressed as a slutty referee or I’ll pretend I don’t know you.