Sorry no WTRT yesterday. I really wasn’t in a good frame of mind to be funny or witty because the whole PSU debacle really punched me in the gut, and I think I took it especially hard because I have a son the same age as those who were assaulted. One thing this has done is made me very motivated to regularly talk to him about what to do if any adult, even an adult he trusts, were to try to do something that makes him uncomfortable.
That said, here are some pictures from my camera phone that I never shared!
1. New artwork has appeared on Gist Street in the Hill District. If you haven’t ever turned onto Gist from the Boulevard, I strongly suggest you do it and check out the amazing things you’ll see in a one block stretch of street.
2. This is what female equestrians wear on Mexican telenovelas.
So you see why they’re so popular.
3. A sign on a Route 30 transmission shop that makes me chuckle every time:
4. I can’t for the life of me figure out how they determined which letters to leave out and which left out letters got replaced with apostrophes.
I mean, what about the D in “sandwich?” They took it out but there’s no apostrophe! And why take the E out of “Sealer” but leave it in “Decruster?”
The grammar tutor in me is having a brain aneurysm.
I just spelled aneurysm right on the first try. [back pat]
And don’t even get me started on the capitalization or I will punch a dictionary.
5. This is Ray Brooks, the effervescent (spelled it right the first time!) Just Ducky tour guide who tried to kill me by letting a baby drive the boat:
6. Only in Pittsburgh. There are TWO Pittsburghese things in this awesome sign hanging at my local post office. See if you can find both:
More later, including a post about Hizzoner Master Lukey of Juice Box Dojo.