Random n’at

1. A conversation with my father:

Dad: “Mom and I have a bunch of pictures from Aruba.”

Me: “Cool.”

Dad: “We want to make a photobook.”

Me: “Shutterfly is the best. I’ve tried them all. Shutterfly is the easiest by far.”

Dad: “Do you just upload your pictures?”

Me: “Yeah and then it will sort of throw them all into a book in chornological order and you can edit them and stuff. Super easy.”

Dad: “You might have to walk us through it.”

Me: “Okay.”

Dad: “Actually, you’ll probably need to carry us.”

Me: [blink]

Dad: “Actually, you’ll probably just need to do it for us.”

So that’s what I’m doing tomorrow night.

2. The Thirteen Deaths of Cooey the Pigeon as sent to me by Michelle the Knitting Lady!

The 13 Deaths of Cooey the Pigeon - Death by Thud

Death by Thud is my favorite and has given me a GENIUS idea to start whipping hockey pucks at pigeons in Market Square.

3. Speaking of Market Square, I’ve come up with a brilliant plan to try to use a parking chair in the square this winter. I’ll let you know how it goes.

4. Reader Nancy’s Jack Rabbit pic showing her double-dip-bopped kiddo:

Woo that child is AIRBORNE. Whoever described the seat belts as “dog leashes” hit that nail on the head.

Love it. Send me more, Internet!

5. The Lockes, a husband and wife team who lost their mothers to cancer are in their tenth year of an event benefiting the American Cancer Society. They’re hoping to make the tenth year their best yet.

Saturday November 12, 2011 at 7:oo p.m. at Finnigan’s Wake. $20 at the door gets you appetizers, two draft beers and a long-sleeved shirt.  Plus 50/50 drawings, raffle, auction and more.

Details here!

6. I don’t remember much about my senior prom, but the picture the photographer took on the Gateway Clipper that night is full of dork-win. I will share it with you in the next round of Make Room for Kids fundraising.

If your prom sucked, you can do it all over WITH BOOZE at Literazzi’s Prom 2012 benefiting the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council!

November 11, Literazzi brings you the prom you always wanted… where the booze is legal, the music doesn’t stop until the wee hours, and you have much better hair than the first time around. Have your picture taken by Nerds Behind the Lens, put on something fancy and spike the punch. The chaperones won’t mind.

I love it! Tickets here!

7. The Mario Lemieux Foundation’s Bid for 66 is now live with a crap-ton of awesome autographed items up for bid, all benefiting Austin’s Playroom Project of which Make Room for Kids is a program.

Items and game-used items are available and signed by people such as Mario, Sid, Marc-Andre and more!

8. You may have seen a lot of things in your life, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly. I mean, I bet you’ve never seen a senior citizen flash mob like the one those crazy kids over at Asbury Heights did over Halloween.

YouTube Preview Image

I love it! I have seen the future of flash mobs and this is it.

Or dog flash mobs.

Either or.

(h/t Stephanie)

November 10, 2011 12:43 pm

re: item #5 above….that someone would be me. you’re welcome.

tooting my own damn horn,
    unsatisfied

p.s. “death by thud” is a winner.

2. Shawna Locke
    November 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks for the mention! We greatly appreciate it!

3. Beatrice
    November 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Asbury Heights flash mob = awesome!

4. Leslie
    November 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Love the Jackrabbit pic (Nancy!!) and love the senior citizen flash mob. I hope that when I’m 80 I can move like the woman in the second row in black pants & top and grey sweater. She’s a rockstar <3

5. Gina
    November 10, 2011 1:45 pm

OK – 95 year old woman in a flash mob? Makes me cry. I love it.

6. Leigh
    November 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Loved the flash mob! Way to work it ladies and gents. I agree with #4 Leslie that the woman in the second row in black and grey knows how to work it. Can’t wait for the Asbury Heights version of Dancing with the Stars!

7. Mike Locke
    November 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks very much for the shout! We have raised over $40K since the first Benefit and we are gunning for $10K this year alone.

No need to RSVP. Just come on down, have some drinks, have some fun and help us raise money for a great cause.

If nothing else, $20 for 2 beers, appezizers and a cool long sleeve tee is well worth it!!

Thanks again.

Mike

8. JoggingJeans
    November 10, 2011 3:34 pm

The flash mob was PURE JOY. Especially the tall guy in the front in the red shirt and the lady in the wheelchair!! AWESOME!

9. MrsO
    November 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Love Love Love for the seniors dancing. Totally made my day and put a smile on my face. Even got a little teary eyed it made me so happy. Thanks for posting!

10. Christina
    November 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Ginny, sweetheart, you and me – a SNAPFISH employeer for over four years – we need to discuss this Shutterfly thing. Serioulsly.

13 deaths of Cooey the Pigeon:
    AMAZING … as a hockey girl I totally appreciate death by thug, but death by craft voodoo is pretty cool as well. I love it!

11. Jen M
    November 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Okay, I agree Shutterfly is the best…however, Snapfish has a buy-1-get-2-free deal until Sunday…just sayin’. :)

12. Leenyburgh
    November 10, 2011 5:34 pm

The people at Asbury are great… love this.

13. JillM
    November 10, 2011 6:31 pm

That was awesome and made me cry a bit! Good for them!

14. red pen mama
    November 11, 2011 10:12 am

I just love the way Helen in the flash mob didn’t miss a step or crack a smile. Them flash mobs are serious business, yo.

15. hello haha narf
    November 11, 2011 3:49 pm

there is no end to my love of old people. i wanna hug everyone in that fantastic flash mob! thanks for sharing.

16. Deadly Knitshade
    November 13, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks for the link. :)

Although I do not condone the throwing of hockey pucks at pigeons. You might lose the puck…

(I love all pigeons really. Honest, guvnor)