Game over

If you haven’t seen it yet, the ESPN Terrible Towel commercial, the one for which ESPN requested images and video of the Towel in places all over the world, is on YouTube and it is so full of … what’s better than awesomeness? Have we invented that word yet? And not epicness because that’s been watered down too.

Astoundtacularness? Miraculadazzlingness? Stupendous?

That works.

YouTube Preview Image

Some stupendous things to watch for on your second go-through:

Hines Ward at :14 (and then he took his Metamucil).

Wiz and DJ Bonics at :17. Someday I’m going to meet Wiz and pull his pants up. Call it a DE-pantsing.

Lady in a freaking shark cage at :22. She wins.

Space at :25. HE WINS.

Space, mothereffers. SPACE. Try and beat that. Your only hope is to get video of Myron Cope twirling the Towel in heaven.

Then you win the Internet.

(h/t My Dad)

1. omigosh
    November 15, 2011 10:12 pm

In SPACE!! Triple YOI!!

This makes me so proud I could cry.

And the Terrible Towel waves for two of the most important things in the world — pride in your community, and taking care of those in need!

Myron lives on!

2. addiful
    November 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Steelers fans are badass.

3. debbiedowner
    November 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Sorry to burst the bubble, but look behind the guy that’s “in space”. It says Zero G.

Zero G is a company that does parabolic flights to give the riders the feeling of weightlessness. http://www.gozerog.com

It’s CLOSE to space, but not quite. Just weightless.

4. Scott
    November 16, 2011 9:47 am

If I ever had a crush on you…and I am not saying that I do…it would be largely due to the combination of hot mom and space nerd.

OK….maybe I have a little crush on you.

5. jdp
    November 16, 2011 9:51 am

I like the guys in the fighter jet and the babies. Awwww, way to start ’em young!

6. Julie
    November 16, 2011 10:01 am

I do remember seeing footage once of the terrible towel in space. It was either on the shuttle or at the International Space Station…that’s where I thought that clip came from…

7. WIMom
    November 16, 2011 10:55 am

I loved this commercial. The second time it was on I waved my towel just because…

8. bluzdude
    November 16, 2011 11:11 am

This is another reason that Ravens fans hate us: they will never EVER be able to do something this cool.

Best they’d be able to do would be Knifings Across America…

9. mairinpgh
    November 16, 2011 11:35 am

The terrible towel was indeed “in space,” courtesy of Astronaut Col. Mike Fincke (from Emsworth). Emsworth boro’s webpage proudly shows the photo: http://www.emsworthborough.com/astronaut.htm

10. Butcher's Dog
    November 16, 2011 1:32 pm

@Scott: step off. bucdaddy has already referenced restraining orders and either spoon or myself are next in line. If you don’t want to step off, at least move further back the bandwagon.

11. Scott
    November 16, 2011 5:04 pm

BD, I can’t help it. The widow’s peak….makes me feel all warm inside.