1. I’ll be taking all of next week off from this blog so I can enjoy my family and work on my magazine column.
Please have yourselves the best Thanksgiving you can before the jingle-bell madness of the holiday season is thrust upon us.
2. Tonight begins Light Up Night! If you’re looking to enjoy Light Up Night and donate to a great cause at the same time, you’ll want to hit Stage AE for their party featuring local band Moscow Mule. Randy Baumann will also be in the house as well as various Steelers. The event raises money for Variety The Children’s Charity.
– Live band, ample adult beverages, and free food– Private outdoor vantage point for the Light Up Night fireworks– Easy parking on the North Shore– Cool silent auction and Chinese auction items– Support a tremendous local charity and support disabled children in Western PA– It’s only $25 if you order tickets online. $30 at the door.
3. Ricky Burgess, the city councilman who also teaches at CCAC, was accused via fliers posted on campus of trading grades for sex. He has adamantly denied the accusations while the police investigate. That said:
Marty Griffin: “Have you ever had a sexual relationship with a student?”
Ricky Burgess: “I did not do this. I have not engaged in these kind of activities or behaviors.”
Griffin: “Have you ever had a sexual relationship with a student?”
Burgess: “I did not do this.”
Griffin: “You’re not answering my question.”
Burgess: “No – I did not do this! No I have not! No!”
Griffin: “You have not had a sexual relationship with a student?”
That’s just a freaking odd way to answer the question.
You know what to do.
“I rock my Hittsburgh gear to the fullest.”
5. Twenty dollars is all it takes to meet my self-united husband True Blood’s Joe Manganiello at a WPXI event hosted at Dave and Busters, benefiting the Steel Valley Salvation Army.
I permit you to go and I also permit you to step off if you go.
6. Have a great Thanksgiving!