1. I bet you thought I was joking about my mother calling me and lecturing me after my CHS post.
My phone: RING RING, MOTHERF–
Mom: I JUST READ YOUR POST AND I AM VERY ANGRY AT YOU–
Me: Look at that! What in the world could that be?! Gotta go– [click]
Never underestimate the ability of Princess Bride quotes to get you out of sticky situations.
2. I hate the telephone. How soon until we can communicate solely through email?
3. Is it wrong that I chuckled when Occupy Pittsburgh actually issued a news release to say they are reorganizing their camp for better distribution of space?
Also, I had to Google “yurt” and now that I have and have seen them, I get the feeling Occupy Pittsburgh is going to be asked to leave shortly after they begin erecting them.
“Next time they come I’m gonna be waiting for them. I’m gonna buy me a shotgun and I’m gonna sleep with it under the covers.”
True story, adding “me” after a verb makes it badasser.
I’ma do me my hair.
I’ma get me a malitpoo.
5. I watched Pittsburgh-filmed Unstoppable starring Denzel Washington last weekend — great movie — and gotta say it was fun watching Mike Clark play a news reporter in it.
6. I asked a few questions about it on twitter and I’ve discovered that no one on earth really knows the correct way to pronounce pecans or coupons.
Even Ken Rice indicated as much:
I say peh-cahns and coo-pons, but I was raised to say CUE-pons.
7. Best thing said to me last night at Bill Peduto’s Holiday Party was said by comedian Gab Bonesso: “Why do you do nice things for people who hate you?”
Kill ’em with kindness, motherf–.
8. If you want to give back this holiday season but aren’t sure if you can or how, I’ve got something for you. How about donating your air miles to Make A Wish’s Wishes in Flight program?! This helps offset the cost of air travel for fulfilling wishes for sick kids and their families. Check it out here! You can donate online or you mail in a form.
9. A Cincinnati Enquirer sports columnist unleashed on the Burgh in the inane ramblings of one who feels inferior. Not worth an angry comment on the post.
10. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go hide from my mother some more.