(The Duttine Family)
1. If you wake up tomorrow and discover it is End of Days outside, with snow up to your roof and sled dogs the only viable means of transportation, here’s why:
2. A local mom recently lost her battle with cancer at the young age of 36, leaving behind a husband and two young sons, one who is just four and has been fighting cancer himself for two years.
I can’t even wrap my brain around this. It gets rejected. Too much suffering, hurt, pain.
The community is holding a fundraiser for the family of Julie Duttine set for December 18 during which alumni and students from St. Elizabeth School will do your Christmas wrapping for you in exchange for a donation to the Duttine family.
3. In honor of his successful debut album Blue Slide Park, Pittsburgh’s own Mac Miller, 19-years-old, donated $50,000 to our local Make-A-Wish chapter.
Now THAT’S an Awesome Burgher.
4. Todd Graham is leaving Pitt for Arizona. Wait. DIDN’T WE JUST GET THAT GUY?!
5. You gotta watch this PG video of a pet psychic “talking” to a dog in which she reveals the dog told her he loves people. I don’t even know what to think about it all.
But I do know this:
The dog, she said, told her he missed his bacon-flavored snacks.
WHAT DOG DOESN’T?! Hell, I miss bacon-flavored snacks.
6. Found on Twitter, the supposed blog of a Pittsburgh employee who works for a lawyer named Richard Ricotta, who apparently is slightly disturbed.
I refuse to believe this is legit.
7. Here we go again. “Why Trading Sidney Crosby Might Make Sense in the Long Run.”
8. James Harrison had a very adult-like response when he learned about his suspension:
Twitter: Such a fantastic vessel for carrying the stupidity of celebrities straight to the little people.