Holiday reading

You know that scene in the Matrix: Revolutions where Neo is engaged in his final battle with Agent Smith and he extends his hand out and then uses his fingers to beckon the It as in “bring It?”

This post on Pittsburgh Magazine may prove that I am Neo and the Karma Boomerang is Agent Smith, except I don’t think I’ll be able to bend over backwards at the waist to avoid the boomerang’s return path.

A snippet:

The Post-Gazette actually led their winter weather forecast article with “Apocalypse! Doomsday! Armageddon!” and then proceeded to warn us of “Below-average temperatures. Above-average precipitation. A cold snap for the holidays—all of them.” They reported we should expect a brutally cold December with temperatures five to 10 degrees below normal.

There’s a bonus punkin’ chunkin’ video in there too!

Also up on the site is my January column in which I take a look at some lists Pittsburgh made in 2011. A snippet:

(wink) We’re the most flirtatious city in the whole country. (eyelash flutter) No. 1! (“accidental” caress of your arm) In my opinion, this is just fine, as long as you aren’t using that ridiculous “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” line — unless you’re talking to Sidney Crosby … because it may have really hurt when he fell from heaven.

Also new this month is that the column now appears on the inside back page, so it will be easier for you to find in the mag, and it now features cartoons by Wayno!

1. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    December 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Well, technically winter did just start less than a week ago. I have a feeling that we mat be in store for an awfully cold, bitter and frigid January & February, with some big snow in the latter part of February & March.

2. bluzdude
    December 28, 2011 10:01 am

I’m surprised that there’s not some kind of ranking for super-heros, given the number of arch-villains around. Or at least the number of people that swish their cape dramatically and run off…

3. Joe K.
    December 28, 2011 12:38 pm

“Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?”

Gotta try that, learn something new every day.

4. Joe K.
    December 28, 2011 12:40 pm

And what happened to the winter storm warning? Barely a dusting of snow here.

5. Dan (Not Onorato)
    December 28, 2011 1:08 pm

@ Joe K. Its your typical overhype and under produce local snowfall….we’ll see alot more of this forecasting and John Schumway in Cranberry with live shots of dry roadways and a few flurries before winter is over…

Remember when 8-12″ (not 1 to 2″) used to be a winter storm warning?

6. Michael
    December 28, 2011 3:04 pm

another ‘burgh list item. According to the Washington Post, Portland is out in 2012 and Pittsburgh is in.

7. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    December 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I’m not saying it’s because of me, @Michael, but Portland has been going down in rankings and Pittsburgh has been going up ever since I moved back to Pennsylvania and have begun spending a lot more time back in the Burgh…I’ll gladly share in the credit though. :-)