Salute THIS.

Sigh.

I guess we have to talk about this … this … putrescence, don’t we?

The Pens lost.

The Flyers [patooie!] [stabs the Jaromir Jagr voodoo doll in the adorable damn dimples] won.

And freaking Jaromir Jagr scored a goal.

Here’s his goal. Try not to puke too violently while you watch it:

YouTube Preview Image

See how he skates over there and salutes someone, which is his standard goal celebration?

(photos from Pens Through My Lens, Knitting Lady Michelle’s husband’s blog, who got them from Crossing Broad)

Guess who he chose to salute?

THE KNITTING LADY!

Guess what she did back to him?

BAH!

She wins. She wins the Internet today. She wins hockey. She wins it all.

Had that been me in that chair when this happened, I would either have done some of this or gone all [BOOBS] on him.

Who can know?

God, I hate/love that gorgeous, miserable, traitorous son of a bitch.

1. hello haha narf
    December 30, 2011 2:41 pm

i could just hug her for that beautiful face at that traitorous son of a bitch’s salute

2. PA Girl in VA
    December 30, 2011 3:11 pm

When they showed the interview with Jagr, I had two thoughts:

1. How can I hate someone who is so damn cute when he smiles like that?????

2. Damn! Malkin speaks better English than Jagr! LOL

3. tw
    December 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Omg… the English!!! That’s exactly what my flyer fan (patooie) of a husband said. He’s been playing in the NHL for over 20 years (minus those last couple) you would think he’d speak a little better.

4. VAgirl
    December 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Oh come on he is not that bad,(gush,gush)and I caught the end of an interview with him and he was complementing Sid about how good he is and couldn’t understand the cheer the Flyer fans chant. Also heard he commented that the Pens didn’t need a 40 year old hockey player but couldn’t understand why the traded Max (sigh).

5. Tony
    December 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Alright, Pens fans, help me out here.

I’m a Philly transplant from who’s been living in Pittsburgh since 2004, and while I can understand the “patooie!” toward the Flyers in general, why the Jagr hate? How is he a traitor?

The offer from the Pens was barely over half of what the Flyers offered. If they wanted him they should have made a serious offer. The Pens couldn’t afford to pay him anything near what he was worth back in 2001, but this time, they just didn’t *want* to pay him. Who’s the traitor?

Without “that traitorous son of a bitch,” your “Cup Years” would have been “The Cup Year” of 1991. Without him, the club’s “lean years” of 2001-2006 would have been “the lean decade” of 1996-2006.

Show the dude some respect.

6. PensAreYourDaddy
    December 30, 2011 9:24 pm

@Tony – Google Jagr and “dying alive”. The booing goes back to JJ’s unhappy departure from Pittsburgh in 2001. Personally, I don’t boo him, mostly for the reasons you’ve mentioned, but anyone who thinks the fans’ general attitude toward Jagr would have improved after the events of this past summer is delusional.

7. Tony
    December 30, 2011 10:49 pm

@PensAreYourDaddy: Yeah, I know there was acrimony in 2001 and he wanted out, but can you blame him? The team was broke (as was he with his gambling and bad investments), and the roster was full of Randy (not Luc) Robitailles, Wayne (not Keith) Primeaus. Why would he stay?

I guess I just don’t see it as a “snub” because the Pens’ offer was such a farce. My hunch is that a lot of the Pens fans who booed Jagr weren’t fans back then, because anyone who followed the team in those years was probably more unhappy than Jagr when he was traded.

8. celeryan
    December 31, 2011 5:11 pm

Love that knitting lady!!

9. PensAreYourDaddy
    December 31, 2011 7:03 pm

@Tony – not sure what else I can tell you except that Jagr has been booed every time he has returned to Pittsburgh since 2001. I guarantee you many of the fans booing Thursday night were fans back then because they’re the same fans who have been booing him the last 10 years. Contrary to what most people from Philly like to believe, not all Pens fans got into hockey after Sid was drafted. You keep bringing this back to what happened during JagrWatch 2011, but that’s only a small part of how Pens fans feel about him, right or wrong.

10. Butcher's Dog
    December 31, 2011 7:56 pm

@Tony: I’m with PensAreYourDaddy above. You can’t duck military service at age 18 like Jags did, win Cups your first two years, play with the greatest player ever, and then talk about “dying alive” on your way out the door. We’re ripping you a new one if you do, which is why he’s getting it now.

11. crystal
    January 2, 2012 7:18 pm

JJ was one of my favorite players back in the day (along with “super sexy” Kevin Stevens and “Le Magnifique” Lemeiux.) But then JJ turned into superass egomaniac. I don’t think Penguins fans would have thrown rose petals from the parking garages welcoming him back HAD he signed with us but I could have seen a warm welcome with the wish to return and retire as a Pen. But as we now see, it wasn’t just about that desire to hang up the skates as a Penguin. It was all about money. Sure his cute dimples can still send a hockey loving girls heart aflutter, but he’s still an arrogant asshole that’s out for money. Time doesnt ‘t change shit. Boooooo JJ. (Btw don’t even get me started on Max Talbot.ugh.)