47 more pictures

You should just assume that when you see 47 pictures in the post title, I’m about to show you pictures I took with my DSLR camera of random crap that no one else would take 47 pictures of, and then I’m going to promise to sell copies of my 47 pictures on Etsy.

No surprises here, Internet!

Yesterday I took 47 pictures of a book my son brought home from the elementary school’s library. When he climbed in the car after I picked him up for an early dismissal he said, “Mom. Do you want to see the library books I got? One of them is kinda spooky.”

I said, “Sure!” thinking he was going to show me a book about spiders or maybe a Halloween-themed Scooby Doo book where the gang investigates a ghost that turns out to be a giant ice cream cone.

And he whipped THIS book out of his backpack and I was like TIME THE F*#K OUT.

I absconded with the book and took picture after picture of it, some with flash, some without, some on auto focus, some with manual focus, and decided I like the look of the manual-focus/no flash pictures you see below because it makes them look SPOOOOOOKIER.

This, Internet, is why you should always ask your kiddos to show you the books they check out at their schools’ libraries, so you’ll know why they start having nightmares about angry poltergeists sneaking into their bedrooms at night to throw their screaming, terrified bodies around in violent fashion before setting fire to the room.

Needless to say, my 3rd grade kid, who once had a zombie nightmare after playing Plants versus Zombies, and who I have assured a million times over that he has no need to worry about ghosts, will not be permitted to read this book.

I think the Table of Contents picture would look great framed in your living room. For the low low price of $75.

Look at me monetizing the SHIT out of this blog.

[throws signs]

1. Amber
    January 26, 2012 2:08 pm

I’m wondering if it’s trendy to take out that particular book in his class. That happens sometimes.

2. Alley
    January 26, 2012 2:12 pm

My son likes to check out pirate books that are very similar to your son’s ghost book – oh the nightmares!!!

3. Rich D
    January 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Reason #427 why I shouldn’t have kids. I’d be all “Cool! Let me read it when you’re done! Let me rent us Poltergeist so I can show you why I hate clowns and won’t put in a swimming pool!”

January 26, 2012 2:45 pm

This is how it starts.

• Butcher's Dog
      January 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Define “it”, bucdaddy. Adolescent rebellion? Teen angst? Ginny’s decade-long parental nightmare? All of the above? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. Dave White
    January 26, 2012 2:50 pm

I have spent twenty minutes trying to think of some joke about “Popular Ghosts” and all I’ve got so far is “Justin Boo-ber” so it’s probably time to throw in the towel.

6. bluzdude
    January 26, 2012 2:59 pm

The “Popular” ghosts are the ones with the most Face(less)Book friends. All of their pictures would show vague blips and shadows off in the distance.

Ghosts have to be careful not to include too many ‘party’ shots, because if they ever DO wish to move to the Other Side, St. Peter might find the pictures and deny entrance.

• Butcher's Dog
      January 26, 2012 4:08 pm

St. Peter should be able to see right through them. Come to think of it, we all should.

7. B.S.
    January 26, 2012 4:53 pm

It needs to be said:

“I rock my PittGirl random pictures to the fullest.”

8. Drea
    January 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Ginny,

You should do the 365 Project (post a photo a day – actually the 366 Project this year!)