- February 15, 2012
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Make Room for Kids, Mike Tomlin, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Since I gave up on Wii Steve and Fitty about two years ago, I’ve now begun a new exercise regimen … The Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred.
Yesterday was Day 1.
Today is Day I WANT TO PUNCH HER STUPID FACE IN.
2. Go check out the greatest test answer of all time, written about Roberto Clemente by a fifth-grade girl in North Carolina.
Made me cry a little!
Special thanks to Zach at Uprooted Photographer for sending me the picture!
3. It’s about that time of year again, where the potholes return with their gaping maws of devastation, and Lukey declares war on them, and cars everywhere are swallowed whole without so much as a burp.
Don’t ask me how I stumbled on this video of a Pittsburgh pothole in action, but boy did it make me laugh:
I’m easily amused because I watched that six times and laughed every time.
I know the karma rule and yes, my car is SO getting smote this spring by an epic pothole. All they’ll find left is a lone windshield wiper and an empty Dunkin’ Donuts cup.
4. Holy crap! I’m late to this, but Dottie Sandusky drives like a bat out of hell. I half expected her to just drive like the KoolAid man through the garage door.
The look on WPXI’s Courtney Brennan’s face — “Oh, shit,” is what it said.
5. First, I just want to say that at almost 30-years-old and about to be working with a new offensive coordinator, the Duke of Fug is a giant doofus-butt for saying this publicly:
“I’ve gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him,”
Way to start things on the wrong foot because you’re sore that your friend is no longer the OC. Who cares if you’ve heard bad things about Todd Haley? Was it necessary to say that in public? To stick your finger in his ribs like that? Is he walking around going, “Well, I’ve heard Ben is a rapist, but I’ve heard good things too. I’m going to wait to form an opinion.”
Having said that, Sean Conboy KILLS it in this post about Big Ben and Haley. MUST READ.
6. Tony Norman pens a fantastic update to the Monessen/Brentwood fiasco.
He touches on Brentwood’s claim that there is no proof of any racist activity occurring during the game.
7. A black vulture from the Aviary is going to be on Letterman.
I hope it’s a live pigeon-eating demonstration.
8. The Make Room for Kids donation button will be coming down tomorrow, so throw you few bucks in if you can and wish to! I cannot thank everyone enough that we have surpassed our goal by over $2,000. What a testament to the generosity of Pittsburghers far and wide. I can’t wait to show you all the stuff we buy with your donations!
9. Lots of you emailed me this link, but wanted to be sure everyone saw it.
Antonio Brown did a cool thing for a Steelers fan.
10. And finally, if you missed out on the vintage, hand-painted bedazzled out the wahoo Pittsburgh skyline denim jacket, the artist has put another one up for sale on Etsy!
I’ve never heard anything scream Chauncy’s so loudly in my life.