Random n’at

1. Last night at the Cirque Dreams show at Heinz Hall (more on that soon), I gave away my first Moo Minicard to reader Magnus Patris, who REQUESTED the jagoffs card.

And here I was going to hand him a self-united one.

His loss!

2. Two new lists about Pittsburgh!

My God, we’re going to have egos the size of Antarctica soon.

(h/t Jen)

3. But then we remember that Dance Moms is filmed here and our egos go PSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

That’s the sound of deflation. I’ve never typed it out before. There you go.

4. Love Benstonium’s video parodying the Clint Eastwood commercial:

YouTube Preview Image

I can’t wait for their first Buccos video of the year!

What?

5. Speaking of the Buccos of Suckitude!

I’ve featured this shirt before, but this is my husband’s favorite shirt in the world right now mostly because of how freaking soft it is. I think I’m going to hand these out on the bandwagon this year.

You can get one here at Fresh Factory!

6. Speaking of the Buccos some more!

Going to send that to Clint Hurdle.

(h/t Charles)

7. First ever craft beer week in Pittsburgh?!

I will DRINK ALL THE THINGS!

8. My self-united husband, future NBC star, and future best friend David Conrad narrates UNDAUNTED: The Forgotten Giants of the Allegheny Observatory:

UNDAUNTED: The Forgotten Giants of the Allegheny Observatory Official Movie Trailer from Dan Handley on Vimeo.

(h/t Cari)

9. The Knitting Lady has been BUSY!

Taken January 6:

Hi, Mario. Will you marry me? Or maybe I can just hand you a self-united card if I ever see you again.

Taken Saturday in Buffalo:

Lucky girl!

I’ma hand all those boys a self-united card.

You too, Knitting Lady.

1. Pens Fan
    February 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Gingerbutt – you better step off the dance moms. It is literally one of my favorite shows. I am going to dig up a tragic photo of you and post it if you rip on dance moms. And I do believe I saw an old photo album at mom’s this weekend. I am sure there are some solid possibilities in it. :)

• Virginia
      February 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for using that nickname, dorkbutt! I think you’ve punished me enough.

• Pens Fan
        February 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Hee Hee. It is a beautiful nickname!

• Monty
        February 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Need I remind you that someone once called you Vaginny?

Gingerbutt sounds like “Cool Hand” or “Icepick Willie” when you compare it to that.

• JMetheny
      February 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Pens Fan I see a jagoff card in your near future.But come to think of it,a tragic photo might not be a bad addition.Think one would fit on the cards…

2. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    February 22, 2012 1:26 pm

I have the Fam-a-lee tee shirt!!! It is one of my favorites, too! As for Dance Moms, that show – along with Toddlers & Tiaras — is sanctioned child abuse.Sadly, two more versions are coming on board.

3. Cassie
    February 22, 2012 1:40 pm

How IS Dance Moms legal? I’ve wondered it many times. And do the moms ever watch themselves and think, “Wow, I’m ridiculous.”

My spin instructor’s daughter did go to Abby Lee’s dance studio years ago and is now dancing on Broadway…so I guess whatever nonsense she does, works.

4. Julie
    February 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Wow!! Mario sure does make knitting look sexy!!!!

Ginny – I sent you an email about an awesome fundraiser this weekend…was hoping you’d help spread the word….I’m doing my best to get it out there.

Thanks!!

5. Z
    February 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Mario, yum, yum, yum

6. Rich D
    February 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Gingerbutt…. HA!

7. Beatrice
    February 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I LOVE the photo of the knitting lady with the five Penguins. How does she find them?! So fun.

8. PA Girl in VA
    February 22, 2012 2:34 pm

FYI – in case you didn’t get the memo: Mario is MY self-united husband. STEP OFF! I’ve almost got my 8 year old that Mario is his real daddy – please don’t ruin it for him.

9. SteelCityMagnolia
    February 22, 2012 3:08 pm

That’s it. I am officially taking up knitting.

10. Christina
    February 22, 2012 3:14 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all people, places and things mentioned in this post. Pure awesomeness.

11. Butcher's Dog
    February 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Anyone else thinking Gingerbutt is a watered-down version of something else? Nah…not among a family of preacher’s kids it couldn’t be. Could it?

12. Steverino
    February 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Flipped through and caught some of that Dance Mom stuff. The moms are mentally ill and the kids will be in therapy for years. It is abuse of a child.

13. Magus Patris
    February 22, 2012 7:30 pm

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, I was going to ask for a self-united card, but I thought I was unworthy! Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

• bucdaddy
      February 23, 2012 10:29 am

You blew it, Patris. Blew it, blew it blew it. F’d up. Ruined your life. 4 EV-AH!

Now step aside …

14. bluzdude
    February 22, 2012 7:31 pm

And to think that you complained about being called “Gingersnap.”

February 23, 2012 10:27 am

2. Putting The Church in the Strip is a bit of a stretch, like putting Fallingwater in Pittsburgh. I’d have gone for Kennywood instead. I know, I know, technically THAT’S not in Pittsburgh either, but it’s, what, 50 miles closer?

16. Knitting Lady
    February 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hey Ginny, if you hand me a self-united card, I might just have to dump PensAreYourDaddy for you. :-) You wouldn’t want to do that to him, now, would you?