Not one to be proud of

In addition to sites like Match.com and um … I can’t think of any others but you know … dating sites?

Oh, I remembered another!

Craigslist! The “People of Walmart” of dating sites, really.

There’s a site called Ashley Madison, which is a dating site for married people. Their tagline? “Life is short. Have an affair.”

Classy. I think if we’re talking truth in advertising, it should say, “Life is short. Destroy your family.”

Anyway! According to KDKA, Pittsburgh is the 6th worst city in America for cheating per data from Ashley Madison. Meaning we’re the 6th most infidelitous (not a word, but it works for me) city.

Meaning … CHEATING DOGS. Tsk.

Keeping in mind that we’re the flirtiest city in America and the city having the third most casual sex, it would appear a lot of Burghers are having trouble keeping it in their pants.

We might need an intervention.

And widely and readily available STD meds.

Somewhere Jeff Reed is hastily Googling “Ashley Madison,” if he doesn’t already own stock in the joint.

1. Amber
    February 23, 2012 3:50 pm

I read an article about Ashley Madison in Redbook a few months ago. It was quite interesting…

2. JenEngland
    February 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Are we sure all of this doesn’t simply mean Jeff Reed has moved back to Pittsburgh?

3. Mirth
    February 24, 2012 1:49 am

Yeah, Phoenix managed a solid third place. Like Arizona needs one more thing to make us proud.

February 24, 2012 1:57 am

I wouldn’t cheat, because I really do love Mrs. Daddy, and it would destroy us.

But I’ve thought about it.

Does that make sense?

• Butcher's Dog
      February 24, 2012 8:27 am

Well, Jimmy Carter (perhaps our most overtly-moral President in recent history) said he’d lusted in his heart many times. So, yeah…it makes sense.

• Beth
      February 24, 2012 11:23 am

It does make sense. Probably most husbands and wives have considered it at least once. The important thing is that you didn’t do it. I think about kiling someone on a daily basis. Thinking it doesn’t make it so. Fortunately for me.

February 24, 2012 1:59 am

Dear God. I don’t want to know what Pastor tacos are made of, except now I have to ask:

Do they make choir director tacos too?

• Butcher's Dog
      February 24, 2012 8:29 am

Other possibilities would include Christmas and Easter tacos, early service tacos, dozing off in the back pew tacos, and tithing tacos. Feel free to add to the menu.

6. KGC
    February 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Have you seen some of the photos of the women on AM? Eeeeeewwww. Oh, so I’ve heard. From a friend.

Switch to our mobile site