Calibrating

Ladies, start your Stalk-o-Meters!

Matt Damon and John Krasinski are looking to start shooting their latest project, “Promised Land,” in Pittsburgh.

I’ve never watched an episode of The Office in my life.

[ducks behind couch]

[pops up and whips a remote control at you]

I do however love me some Jason Bourne, so that’s who I’ll be stalking.

Just as soon as I calibrate my Stalk-o-Meter to “Incapacitate and Self-Unite.”

1. Butcher's Dog
    March 1, 2012 11:26 am

Estrogen cloud warning!! Gentlemen, employ your gas masks. You’ll need them.

2. John
    March 1, 2012 1:06 pm

I watched an episode of TheOffice once…. which explains why I’ve never watched an episode of TheOffice again.

3. Leigh
    March 1, 2012 2:44 pm

Really, Ginny? You never watched an episode of The Office? I am a fan, but have to admit the early episodes were the best. The show jumped the shark about 3 seasons ago. Time to move on folks.

• Butcher's Dog
      March 1, 2012 2:53 pm

Jumped the shark?!?! Can you explain for those of us in the right-brained camp, please, Leigh?

• Lauren
        March 1, 2012 6:35 pm

It’s a reference to “Happy Days.” The Fonz literally jumping over a shark on a surfboard. It’s widely thought that at that moment, they had run out of good stuff to put on Happy Days and the end of the show was near. Now, “jumping the shark” is used to conotate the same thing.

4. Erin
    March 1, 2012 3:47 pm

Are you sure that’s not Mark Wahlberg?
    Ew, horrible picture of John Krasinski! The shy-little-schoolgirl pose is never sexy.

5. Jill
    March 1, 2012 3:53 pm

I volunteer at the airport for the Travelers’ Aid Society of Pittsburgh and based on a conversation I had with a production designer for this project last week at the airport when he stopped to as for a map, Matt Damon is supposed to be in town today. Start looking now!

6. JenEngland
    March 1, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh. My…. Mwar.

7. JenEngland
    March 1, 2012 4:23 pm

And Butcher’s Dog, jumped the shark refers to the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie actually jumped over a shark (actually I think it was shark infested waters, as in more than one shark, but I could be wrong) on water skis. It is used to refer to the moment when a series officially goes so far into the ridiculous as to be past the point of no return. ((I actually remember watching that episode. I was too young to know or predict that the episode was setting the standard for such things but I remember a vaguely uncomfortable feeling regarding the unlikelihood of the scenario.)

8. Niki
    March 1, 2012 4:36 pm

Step off Ginny!

I turned my Stalk-o-meter on high alert or these guys days ago! :)

OMG…Gus Van Sant directing….loved Good Will Hunting and Dogma…and the early seasons of the Office…. **drools**

9. Jill
    March 2, 2012 9:14 am

If you ever have to urge to watch The Office. Skip the American version and watch the original British version (2 seasons long only). It is brilliant.

10. LV
    March 2, 2012 10:33 pm

This may already be common knowledge, but John Krasinski’s father is originally from Pittsburgh. He grew up in Natrona Heights at went to St. Joe’s.