This is still the year!

Ladies and gentlemen, your newest Pirate — AJ Burnett!

YouTube Preview Image

1. Joe K.
    March 1, 2012 12:46 pm

the Trib is now reporting he’ll need surgery and be out 4 – 8 weeks. Guess it’s better now than later in the season.

• Aileen
      March 1, 2012 1:31 pm

No way! My husband said that sarcastically this morning. I hate it when he right.

2. Just a Simple Man
    March 1, 2012 12:48 pm

Ok now he has a broken orbital bone and will undergo surgery today….. pffft

3. Washpa
    March 1, 2012 12:53 pm

It’s a shame he had to learn about the Pirates curse the hard way.

4. Leslie in Dayton
    March 1, 2012 1:11 pm

That was quick.

5. Jen
    March 1, 2012 1:31 pm

I love how no one moves when it happens…except for one guy near the right of the screen, who’s all “What the…?? Seriously?”

6. gunnlino
    March 1, 2012 1:33 pm

End of story !

7. Dan (Not Onorato)
    March 1, 2012 1:58 pm

What was the over/under for him getting injured? Just wondering.

THIS IS THE YEAR!

8. Magus Patris
    March 1, 2012 2:27 pm

Watch that video and play this sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

9. DCinTX
    March 1, 2012 2:40 pm

Only the Pirates…

10. Butcher's Dog
    March 1, 2012 2:56 pm

ESPN had a shot that was a closeup and pretty much straight on. Even more gruesome. It is, however, still the year. I got shotgun on the bus, or the seat right behind Ginny the Driver. Can’t remember which I called last year. I think maybe bucdaddy has shotgun.

11. Monty
    March 1, 2012 3:20 pm

My plastic surgeon doesn’t want me doing any activity where balls fly at my face.

12. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    March 1, 2012 3:54 pm

Let’s get all of the bad stuff out of the way before the season starts. Let’s go Bucs!

13. Christina
    March 1, 2012 5:56 pm

What? That was it? The injury that is so serious that he needs surgery right away?

If that is a dangerous scene then it’s a miracle that Kris Letang *SOB* *SOB *SOB* is not dead after last night’ headshot.

PS: Pirates? *FACEPALM* … I am seriously amazed about the “This is the year thing.” I would love to see that happening, but I guess I will just baking cookies for the “20th losing season” celebration. I mean – 20 – that’ quite a number.

• Dr Kevlar
      March 2, 2012 6:31 am

Yeah, it is just a broken orbital bone around his eye. No big deal. That is just a place with a lot of nerves and blood vessels and stuff. He could end up blind in that eye or have seriously impaired vision. If he were a real athlete he would have gone to his kickboxing lesson that evening.

• Christina
        March 2, 2012 6:36 am

Oh .. if you doubt that … I do believe it is something that needs to be fixed and it is for sure painful. Broken bones are never fun and especially not in the face.

Just the way it happens is almost comical. And that it happened exactly to the one who is supposed revive the Pirates from the dead is so sad and stupid that it is funny again for black humor people like me.

14. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    March 1, 2012 8:49 pm

hahahahahahahahahahaha Sorry

15. Duncan
    March 2, 2012 7:27 am

Are the Pirates paying you? Really? If not – GIVE UP!

They will remain the Buccos of Suckitude again this year!