1. I need an intervention for a lot of things such as pastor tacos, Bryan Adams, and the word “awesome.” Add to that list … York Peppermint Patties, which I can’t stop eating.
I am obviously 87-years-old.
2. They made a Men in Black 3, which was news to me, and in the newly released trailer, we learn a little something about Andy Warhol:
I’d have guessed he’d be an alien though, because if I had a list of “People Who Might Be or Might Have Been Aliens,” Andy Warhol would be right in between Randy Travis and Snooki.
3. I didn’t watch Saturday Night Live this week on account of I haven’t watched Saturday Night Live since Tina Fey left, but during one skit, Lindsay Lohan called Andy Samberg “Sidney Crosby.”
You can see the video here and the name drop happens at about 4:10. You guys, I just watched 4:10 seconds of Lindsay Lohan awkwardly reading cue cards. [shudder]
4. Forbes.com has ranked Pittsburgh as one of “America’s Comeback Cities” thanks to the fact that the population of Allegheny County isn’t in free fall anymore.
Not only that, Pittsburgh was named the second most innovative city in America, only behind Atlanta. I’m hoping to do some more research into that soon.
Anyway, suck it, Portland.
5. Reader Emily writes:
So one day in the West End I saw this little 90’s era sedan and thought, “Look at that crazy lady with the stupid eyelashes on her car!” Then I saw them just today on a fancy lady in her fancy car (you know the type- teased and sprayed bouffant with the caked on makeup. She probably reeked of White Diamonds). I looked them up and THEY’RE A REAL THING!
So we have Nutz for trucks and now eyelashes for cars. If they start making boobs for buses, I quit everything.
6. Somewhere, someone just went to patent Bus Boobz. Mark my words.
7. The Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund Golf Outing is taking place June 11 at Edgewood Country Club and sponsorship information and the registration form are up on the site!
8. If you’ve switched over to the new Facebook timeline and want to use a kickass picture of Pittsburgh as your cover photo, the Uprooted Photographer has three great free Pittsburgh-themed Facebook cover-sized photos for you!
Check ’em out, Wendy Bell!
9. The Buccos beat the Orioles 10-3.
Get on the bandwagon, people. Margarita bar, taco bar, potato bar, nacho bar, ALL THE BARS.
10. I walked into Market Square last week because I was told there would be a flash mob at the Mayor’s marathon press conference and I waited and I waited, and I’m not sure a flash mob happened.
Now, there’s another flash mob planned for today, in Market Square likely with “hundreds” of performers and probably wishing the Oreo happy birthday.
THIS BETTER KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF. Someone get video for me.
I’m going to go plan a flash mob to celebrate Nutella’s birthday, whenever that may be. We’ll all meet in Market Square and eat that crack right out of the jar. BE THERE.