Random n’at

1. I really hope you guys enjoyed the guest posts last week and the week prior. I know I had so much fun reading them.

I hope those authors without blogs [glares at Mike, Jonathan, and Goob] will consider starting one up soon so that the rest of Pittsburgh can enjoy their talents for story-telling.

2.McArdle is open again!

YouTube Preview Image

3. Marty Griffin was sure the cameras were rolling as the police evicted the hoarder we talked about previously.

Awful awful journalism. No need for the cameras.

Ugh.

4.Ka-boom! Click to embiggen.

This photo of the Pittsburgh storm of a few weeks ago has been making rounds on Twitter and Facebook, but with no attribution to the original photographer. As far as I can tell, this Reddit page is the first place it was shared. Wish I knew the photographer’s name.

5. You can vote for Fleury or Malkin to make the NHL 13 cover, unless there’s a NHL curse like the Madden curse that I’m unaware of, in which case you can vote for Scott Hartnell.

6. Chatham has banned the sale of bottled water on campus and I think that kinda rocks.

7. Thus spake Jane Orie’s lawyer:

“Sen. Jane Orie is a woman of very strong faith because I’ve wondered from day one how she’s been able to deal with this life’s card that she’s been dealt.

Too bad in this case she dealt HERSELF these cards. Cheat more gooder next time, Jane.

8. Lines from the Princess Bride that Double as Comments on Freshman Composition Papers, found via Dooce.

Although if I were the teacher, I would for sure also use “miserable vomitous mass.”

9. Wiz Khalifa bought a house in Canonsburg and it is OFF THE CHIZZAIN, to quote the zebra from Madagascar.

10. The North Shore Connector is finally operational and the first run was for local “dignitaries” such as politicians and the Rooneys.

They should have invited me. I can be dignified. I’d have waited at least five minutes before spraying Ambassador Rooney with champagne while shouting “WET SHIRT CONTEST TIME!”

1. Shawna
    April 2, 2012 3:23 pm

The one bedroom in Wiz Khalifa’s new house looks like Edward’s from Twilight. I don’t think I could ever ever sleep in there.

2. Lauren
    April 2, 2012 3:37 pm

But if you were invited, would the MomDorkMobile be suitable for the valet? :)

3. hello haha narf
    April 2, 2012 4:13 pm

i also saw the spectacular photo attributed to jason furda over on fuckyeahtheburgh’s tumblr:

4. Butcher's Dog
    April 2, 2012 7:26 pm

No one is more dignified than you, Ginny. Tina Fey more than clarified that for us last week!

5. Noelle
    April 2, 2012 8:05 pm

Is the train car new? And if so, why is it that the upulstry of all publc transportation has to be so butt ugly? Does it eventually distract you from the inevitable stains?

6. Brett
    April 2, 2012 9:36 pm

The photo in #4 is amazing not to mention the awesomeness of the storm! I wasn’t aware that Pittsburgh was the home to such terrific looking thunderstorms.

I also know what you mean about #5, I am being so careful on what I say at the moment as the exact opposite of everything I tend to say or type happens, BUT only in a bad way and especially where the Pens are involved. Mouth firmly shut, fingers on warning of self-mutilation if any prophetic words about the Pens pass …

7. Bill
    April 3, 2012 8:49 am

That chair on a swing is a “Guess Your Weight” amusement. Note the scale at the top.

8. Bill
    April 3, 2012 8:52 am

My above comment belongs to the post above about Luna Park. My apologies!

9. Scott
    April 3, 2012 10:05 am

The Furda thunderstorm “photo” is cool to look at, but is completely Photoshopped. (Photoshop = Not Real)

10. Sooska
    April 4, 2012 11:21 am

totally PS photo. no question. you cannot get that kind of lighting at night. no way.

11. Scott
    April 4, 2012 11:25 am

Sooska,

If you go to Furda’s website, he says that “he and Photoshop are very close friends”. Lame.