Faces, funnies, and FREAKING A

I’m new to Instagram as it just became available on the Android platform, but I’m just loving it. Mind you, I’m still taking crazy amounts of pictures with my DSLR, but most of those pictures are of my family and children. Here are a few pictures I posted to Instagram over the past few days. If you follow me on Twitter, you also saw pictures of what happens when a five-year-old girl discovers the joy of breaking window glass with a kid-sized golf club. I’m in the market for some glass block windows, if any of you know a guy.

1.Faces

Just a reminder, Pittsburgh, to always look up when you’re walking in downtown Pittsburgh, otherwise you’ll miss amazing details like these faces I snapped a photo of while standing on the roof of the Macy’s garage this morning:

2. Funnies

This … is church.

3. Freaking A

After my post about the Pittsburgh-themed nose art at the 171st Air Refueling Wing, this showed up at the restaurant for me from Air National Guardsman Scott Connelly:

There were two patches, but my father, one of the most patriotic people I know, began salivating over them like a fashion model smelling refined sugar carbs, so I gave him one.

Easily one of my favorite gifts ever.

1. Julia
    April 16, 2012 3:45 pm

For glass block, I highly recommend B&C Glass Block, which is based out of the Monroeville area. The guy’s name is Andy Bendel, and his number is 412-795-8890. He did three of our basement and garage windows in the fall. He was quick, professional, and inexpensive.

2. johnaz6312
    April 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Nice! Where can I get a sweatshirt?

3. Amy
    April 16, 2012 3:50 pm

NICE! Now you can rock that 171st gear to the fullest! ;-)

4. SusanV
    April 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Wow! That’s a fantastic present!

5. Butcher's Dog
    April 16, 2012 4:46 pm

I hope you weren’t on the roof of the Macy’s garage contemplating jumping due to the recent events in what Kenny Mayne refers to as Men’s Professional Ice Hockey.

• unsatisfied
      April 17, 2012 12:09 pm

kids…as it was never the mellon arena and it was always the civic arena…..it is never the macy’s garage and will always be the kaufmann’s garage……

6. tony clifton
    April 17, 2012 8:13 am

Be careful. The last time Scott sent me anything, it was while we were working together and he subscribed me to as many free magazines as he could. I eventually had a stack of tech magazines in my office that was taller than I was.

7. WI Mom
    April 17, 2012 8:21 am

Do you know how I can buy one of those tee shirts?

April 17, 2012 10:59 am

I saw Mutts and thought of you Sunday.

I don’t think I’m humor-impaired, even though I watched “New Girl” twice and never laughed once, in fact cringed, but: What is the point of the cartoon? Is there something funny there, besides a ginormous pigeon? I can’t see it. I’ve looked at the strip many times and been forced to come to the conclusion that Mutts is not, never was and never will be remotely funny.

• Butcher's Dog
      April 17, 2012 3:11 pm

“Funnies” and “Comics” are two completely separate entities. They have nothing in common. You need to return to the 50s if you want to see some similarity between the two.