1. If you are in Pittsburgh, do not look at the weather forecast for tomorrow to next Thursday, and I mean that like I said, “Whatever you do, do not Google image search for ‘acute pink eye.’” Sometimes you just need to trust me, Pittsburgh!
2. Fabian has lived in the Pittsburgh area for years and no one seems to care until Dick Clark dies.
3. Tom Corbett is cheering for the Penguins over the Flyers. This is important for several reasons. 1. Because as Governor you’d think he’d be whishy washy and not want to give an answer for fear of angering the masses and 2. SUCK IT, Philly.
4. You steal $534,000 from your employer and get caught. But do not go to jail. Pass go and collect your $200. WIN THE WHOLE THING:
A southwestern Pennsylvania http://thatschurch.com/wp-admin/post-new.phpjudge has thrown out theft charges filed two-and-a-half years ago against a woman who allegedly embezzled $534,000 from the car dealership where she worked, saying prosecutors violated the state’s speedy trial rules.
The judge agreed with the woman’s attorney that prosecutors were responsible for not trying the case within a year, as required by law. District Attorney Eugene Vittone denied responsibility for the delays, but refused further comment saying, “We’re not going to try this in the media.”
Well, you didn’t try it in court, so it looks like the media is the only place left to try it, genius.
I hope that lady plays the lottery today because she is seriously the luckiest woman alive.
5. If you want to act with Matt Damon and John Krasinski, then you’ll want to know about the open casting call set for tomorrow!
Matt Damon, John Krasinski and director Gus Van Sant are set to shoot the feature film “Promised Land” right here in our hometown over the next few weeks. The open casting call is set for this Saturday, April 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be held at the Tiger Gym at the old Apollo High School on North 2nd Street.
Go be in the movies! My husband was a paid extra last weekend for the Christian Bale movie and despite standing mere feet from the man, did not touch his hair as I instructed him to.
Scaredy cat. He doesn’t bite.
Or does he?
I love craft beer and I especially love berry flavored craft beer. In my fridge right now, I’ve got strawberry and berry flavored craft beers. Check out the website for a complete listing of all the events taking place in Pittsburgh this week to celebrate.
Not only that, there are certain beers you can buy this week from various breweries with proceeds benefiting the Lemieux Foundation!
7. A woman tried to get her daughter’s wedding bouquet preserved by a local business and things didn’t go as planned:
Rosemary Foster said she took her daughter’s wedding bouquet to a North Side business to have it preserved forever, but now she fears it may be lost for good.”I just thought it would be a nice display in their bedroom as a reminder of their happiness together,” said Foster. Foster said she paid $500 to floral preservation business Frozen In Time, but hasn’t gotten any return calls.
IT COSTS $500 TO PRESERVE FLOWERS?!?
Be right back.
[runs to incorporate Ginny's Flower-Freezing] It’s catchy, no?
I assume I’ll need a couple of giant ass cans of Aquanet for this venture, yes?
That stuff could freeze vodka.