Oh em gee double you tee eff bar bee que

That press release from the Mayor’s office that used the non-word inclimate three times has been “corrected.”

TO INCLEMATE!

All three instances of inclimate now say the even WORSE non-word of inclemate!

Oh, Lukey’s staff. You’re down two strikes, but I am so confident you can knock this next attempt out of the park. Just cut and paste okay?

INCLEMENT

YOU CAN DO IIIIIIIT!

I even made a cheer for you.

Cut and paste! Cut and paste! Goooooo paste!

Now, how many of Lukey’s press staff are going to pull a Jane Orie and print out, cut, and glue the word “inclement” to their computer screens?

(h/t CC)

1. nycldenise
    April 25, 2012 3:34 pm

HAH. This made me laugh out loud. Leave it to Lukey to brighten my day with his apparent intelligence.

2. Kilgore Trout
    April 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Hahaha! I tried typing “inclemate” in Google. The first TEN PAGES that came up were references to “Inclement”. Google didn’t even ask, “DId you mean INCLEMENT?” It just assumed nobody would MEAN “Inclemate”.

• Kilgore Trout
      April 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Please disregard everything I just said. I guess Google AUTOMATICALLY changed my entry to “Inclement”.

I searched again for “Inclemate” and it came up with dozens of articles where people were writing about “Inclemate weather”. Just try it… you’ll be amazed!!

3. Lukey Luke
    April 25, 2012 4:06 pm

My imperitive number one goal is to keep this city moving forward.

So let’s do that, k?

4. Leslie in Dayton
    April 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That is all.

5. TripleC
    April 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Yep, that’s our mayor!

Poor Mayor Snoop-A-Loop.

6. Carpetbagger
    April 25, 2012 5:16 pm

How has he not been cast in Parks and Recreation yet? He’d fit right in.

7. Pghredhead
    April 25, 2012 5:37 pm

And, now it’s been fixed on the press release page. However, for your viewing pleasure … Take a gander at the the City of Pittsburgh homepage, where the original typo may still be viewed and admired.

8. Butcher's Dog
    April 25, 2012 7:07 pm

And, all over this great land of ours, English teachers smile inwardly.

9. Brett
    April 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Surely the people tasked with final editing on these releases would a) have a rudimentary grasp of the English language (including local dialects), b) an ever so slight concept of how to spell, even if at a phonetic level, ate does not sound like ent, and c) are capable of using technology as most word processors have in-built spell check routines (not to mention most web-browsers as well)!

As a well-known and loved (yes sarcasm) media jagoff here in Australia would say “Shame! Shame! Shame!” …

10. Brett
    April 25, 2012 8:00 pm

And OMGWTF BBQ ? I think I need to update some of my acronym/meme knowledge :(

11. Hidden
    April 25, 2012 10:55 pm

I am 98% sure that his inappropriate dealings with is “press person” is the reason for his divorce (my source is very trustworthy). Which is why she is still employed as his press person.

• Suzie-Q
      April 26, 2012 12:11 am

They must have had a “pressing engagement” and had no time to spell check….

• PicaU
      April 26, 2012 10:58 am

That’s interesting @Hidden. I’d always heard that Lukey’s best bud, Huss, was her main squeeze. Maybe in the interest of interdepartmental cooperation, they are sharing.

Regardless, as a PR flack, this is ridiculous. All of us in this business have made mistakes, and sent out press releases with errors, but never the same press release twice with different mistakes.

12. Bram R
    April 25, 2012 11:39 pm

By tomorrow, it’s going to be clamato weather.

13. Aileen
    April 26, 2012 8:46 am

Inclemate? They probably think that’s the guy who used to play right field for the Pirates and wore #21.

14. PK
    April 26, 2012 9:26 am

Ms. Doven finally got around to fixing it, but the following graf is still shy a noun:

The Market was originally to be held Mon. – Fri. of this, but has been rescheduled due to inclement weather.

This “possum?” This “neutrino?” This “Byzantium?”

A little help please.

15. Ginny's Dad
    April 26, 2012 2:54 pm

That’s what happens when government positions are filled by nepotism. Who needs an education?

16. tmb
    April 27, 2012 12:22 pm

That is funny, because just yesterday I was trying like heck to spell that word. I typed their original misspelling into google and found several instances of it being used, so I figured it was correct. Luckily, I did not send the email. Inclement. Inclement. Inclement. Thank you.

Switch to our mobile site