Try the veal! And the bacon!

There was a pig on the Parkway!

And now all you Fayette County-ers are going to get all flustered and blustery and indignant, but before you do that, go check your pig’s room.

BAZINGA!

May 30, 2012 10:36 am

This little piggy went to market … probably heading for the Strip. They just love Pa. Macaroni Co. Then they head over to pig out at Primanti’s, have a few beers at Roland’s, go dahntahn to watch the Bucs before heading back to the sty for the night.

2. Butcher's Dog
    May 30, 2012 11:45 am

Now, if the latest “sky is falling” plan to charge tolls on local interstates ever actually becomes law, how would this be tolled? I mean, there’s no pedestrians allowed, right? And it would probably be over the weight limit for passenger cars, right? And it wouldn’t have axles to count, right? See, this is the problem with any legislation; you have to consider all possible screw-ups before you propose your multiple amendments.

The Mercer County pigs are all in their rooms, by the way.

3. Janelle
    May 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Either that or “What’s the big deal? Have you never seen animals blocking traffic?”

I do believe a loose cow held me and my grandfather up once.

• Jessica
      May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I have also gotten held up by a loose cow. I was driving home from the 4-H Park, and I got stopped on the road by a black cow and a dog chasing the cow… Did I mention it was a back road… or that it was dark… or that it was in Mercer County?

• Butcher's Dog
        May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

I grew up on a Mercer County dirt road, Jessica, so “held up” wasn’t exactly part of the equation. We planned on it most days.

• Jessica
          May 30, 2012 2:45 pm

I just realized that I forgot to mention that my mom made me call the state police and alert them to the cow… And I’m used to animals crossing the road at any time, but that black cow on a back road at night being chased by a black dog threw me for a loop!

• bluzdude
        May 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Who are all these loose cows, and why are they holding people up? Are they having hard times and behind on their barn payments?

• bluzdude
          May 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Even more importantly, are they wearing those little Lone Ranger-style masks? I can just see the little rubber bands looped around the horns.

• Jessica
            May 31, 2012 8:56 am

They wear masks ocassionally, from what I hear… And I’m still highly amused that the pig was wearing a scarf…

4. Moxie Bestos
    May 30, 2012 9:33 pm

The pig already has a Twitter account. Funny stuff, especially when you consider that it has to type with hooves.

May 31, 2012 10:29 am

Maybe one of the Pink Floyd tribute bands was in town?

6. AngryMongo
    May 31, 2012 12:08 pm

It’s fleeing from Pittsburgh BBQ company.

did you see the first comment from CBS’ site. WTF?!?!?

• Cathy
      June 3, 2012 8:16 am

Yes,,,we are VERY competitive up here in Armstrong County. Silly little pigs. lol