The Pirates are having fun.

Last night Casey McGehee hit a solo homer against Cincinnati to put the Pirates up 7-2. After touching home plate, his teammates decided to play a little joke on him by giving him zero reaction whatsoever when he returned to the dugout.

Not a high five or a sports butt slap or a golf clap or anything.

YouTube Preview Image

Boy, I love this team.

This is the year. Get on the bandwagon. We have margarita-infused Sno-Cones, people.

And I saw a naked boob back there somewhere.

1. Rachel
    June 6, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh, sorry, boob was mine. My baby Bucco fan got hungry!

2. Butcher's Dog
    June 6, 2012 5:17 pm

This is the year, for sure. Details on specifically which year are still to be determined. Regardless, we’re ahead of last year’s pace with no prospect of terrible home-plate-call-in-middle-of-night on the horizon.

3. the burgh rules
    June 6, 2012 6:52 pm

Sorry but Pedro needs to hit about 70 points higher than the Mendoza Line (and about 30 homers) for the Buccos of Suckitude to have any chance to break .500 ball this year.

4. johnaz6312
    June 6, 2012 7:39 pm

I’m not holding my breath. I need to see A LOT more from them.

5. Linda Leasure-Maddox
    June 7, 2012 10:08 am

I’m with Ginny…I love this team!…I know it’s hard to remain loyal when years of disappointment take its toll…but still, when our boys take the field it’s a beautiful sight…these kids (well, most of them) are giving everything they have…AND margarita infused Sno-Cones!…what can you say!…

6. Joe K.
    June 7, 2012 1:26 pm

The division is weak enough that 85 wins might do the trick. They need to find another bat, however. And get better at baserunning, McCutchen got picked off of first last night.

7. John
    June 7, 2012 1:29 pm

Is it weird that tourists are a problem for the convention center?

8. Cathy
    June 7, 2012 5:47 pm

Loving this team and especially the skipper. Hurdle is a riot sometimes!!

9. emilie
    June 8, 2012 12:40 pm

Only if the bandwagon also has Las Velas’ queso and guac….then I will jump on. ; )