1. I watched only some of yesterday’s Steelers game because I have never cared much about preseason football. Many of you have asked me about What They’re Really Thinking in light of my scaled back blogging as of late and while I don’t know if I’ll write one for EVERY game, I’ll certainly write them for as many games as possible.
Just not preseason games.
2. WPXI’s Rob Johnston fronts The Switch Kids and their new song is catchy as hell.
You’re singing it in your head now aren’t you?
It’s better than having Onward Christian Soldiers stuck in your head like I did last week. I blame my sister. And alcohol.
3. New Raise the Jolly Roger shirt over at the Fresh Factory!
And the Jagoffs Make Me Stabby and I Brake for Tunnels shirts are back in stock too! The proceeds from the sales of those two shirts go to Genre’s Kids With Cancer Fund.
4. 24-year-old IUP grad and current Pittsburgh resident Joe has a great Kickstarter project up to help him raise the funds to publish his first children’s book which he has begun illustrating in beautiful fashion.
Check it out here and throw him a few dollars if you can.
5. When you’re accused of killing a dog by slamming it against a car and then reaching in the car to choke the dog’s owner, there are some things that you shouldn’t say to the media:
“I ain’t killed nothing, I ain’t killed nothing man,” he said.
You shouldn’t say this because it is the worst kind of double negative. It’s the double negative that uses a non-word.
You should also not say this:
“I mean, like, why are they making a big issue of this?” Graham said. “Here he is a police officer killed a dog, and now they’re trying to make an example out of me because I’m black?”
You should not say this because you basically just admitted to killing the dog you moments ago denied killing by using a non-word double negative.
So much to [facepalm], I don’t know where to start.
6. “Ten Things You Probably Don’t Know About Pittsburgh” is my column for the City Guide over at Pittsburgh Magazine. Some of them you guys probably know because I’ve discussed them on my blog. They are about the following:
- Andrew Carnegie’s height.
- Mister Rogers’ name.
- Roberto Cemente’s wife.
- The Aviary’s hauntings.
- AIP’s famous grads.
- The Rooney’s Steelers sale.
- The EZ Moves invention.
- The inclines’ speeds.
- Kennywood’s name.
- The Racer track.
7. If you’re a fan of baseball’s Sean Casey, you’ll want to read about what I discovered he’s been doing on a volunteer basis over at the Light of Life mission on the North Side.
What an Awesome Burgher.
8. Pro tip: If you’re being robbed and the robbers tell you that you’re starring in a new reality show called “You’ve Been Robbed” … you’ve been robbed.
Related, I’m going to start punting pigeons and telling them, “It’s okay! You’re starring in a new reality show called ‘You’ve Been Punted!'”
9. I have no idea why this is news, but awwwwwwwwww.
Also, here’s hoping my 15-minutes-of-fame never includes me being on the local news with the words “Found baby squirrel” displayed under my name.
I’d much prefer it be something like “David Conrad’s best friend” or “Rocks her Hittsburgh gear to the fullest.”