1. A conversation with Princess Aurora of Cincinnatishire ne Wexfordhampsminstershire and Pens Fan this morning over Dunkin Donuts pumpkin coffee and donuts in Pens Fan’s kitchen:
Princess: “You guys need to come visit us in Cincinnati. They have THE best zoo! You walk around and there are workers everywhere holding reptiles and things so you can get up close, and in the children’s area there’s like all these cute animals you can touch and there’s a baby wallaby just hopping around and –”
Pens Fan: “Did you need to see a man about a wallaby?”
Me: [falls off of chair laughing]
If you’ve never seen Nemo, you are all, “Did she have a seizure? Is that why she fell out of her chair?”
2. P.S. PUMPKIN COFFEE AT DUNKIN’ DONUTS!
And for good measure … BITCHEZZZZ!
3. This is the funniest post I have read in a long time and it’s over at Act Classy which is written by some hilarious Burghers. It’s about that botched Jesus painting restoration that happened over in Spain when a little old lady decided to try to restore a priceless painting of Jesus all by herself and the results are … [falls down laughing again].
Act Classy presents the Life of Botched Jesus and it is so funny that I’m pretty sure my minister father is going to be all, “Oh, I am going to HELL for laughing so hard at this. I gotta go repent. ”
Boom! There’s wine now!
5. When they first talked about raising the roof (holla!) of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel by just inches, I was like, “Yeah, that’ll make a difference.” And I said it in my NOT! voice. But then I saw what they meant and HOLY BOXED WINE!
That’s a good view of the old ceiling against the newly exposed one.
6. Burgher Zack was a Make-A-Wish kid when he was 5, and now he’s 12 and held a walk to raise money for someone else’s wish. The walk took place last week. His goal was to raise $3,900–he raised over $23,000.
THAT is an Awesome Burgher!
7. Last night I was invited by Markowitz Communications to see How To Train Your Dragon Live at the CONSOL, so I grabbed Pens Fan and her son to join me and my son, and I am not going to spoil it for you so I will just say this: It was easily the most visually stunning live show I have ever seen. I was absolutely flabbergasted at the things I was seeing happen before me.
At one point, the lead character is basically running up a wall to make it look like he’s running through a forest, and up mountains, and across treacherous bridges and it looks so real that my sister and I were stunned and kept saying, “That is amazing.”
To which my son leaned over to me and whispered, “Mom. He is on a rope.”
Anyway, go see it with your kids (I’d say 6 and older because it can be scary for little kids) and try to get seats either at the corners or straight-on to get the full effect of the virtual movement that is happening throughout the show.
You’ll thank me.
A Pair of Tickets For a Full Season of Home Games:
- -Pittsburgh Steelers!
- -Pittsburgh Penguins!
- -Pittsburgh Pirates! (VIP Experience & 10 Game Package of Luxury Seats)
- -Pitt Men’s Basketball!
- -Pitt Panthers Football!
- -Duquesne Men’s Basketball!
- -Penn State Football! (With Parking!!)
- -2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Hockey Championship “Frozen Four” At the CONSOL Energy Center
Good luck! Take me with you!
9. Daniel Tiger’s son gets his own show. Long live Fred Rogers.
10. I have a new post up at the mag and it’s all about awesome Pittsburgh themed mugs. Gonna get my hands on that beer stein mug. Is she drinking beer or is she drinking coffee? Keep ‘em guessing!
11. Get your gaming friends together on October 20 to game to benefit Children’s Hospital!
12. Local band SPUDS has a song called “Jagoff” and I kinda love it!
13. I went up in the sky with the 171st Air Refueling Wing and it was easily one of the top five experiences of my life. More on it later, but for now:
And I did not shit my pants.