What juicy eyes you have.

A cool thing happened on the way to October for Make Room for Kids.

If you need to be reminded, Make Room for Kids is the initiative at the Mario Lemieux Foundation that you and I started which provides gaming to sick children in our city. So far we have outfitted the transplant unit, the cancer unit, and the frequent flyers unit at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and the entire pediatric unit at Allegheny General Hospital. And in 2013, we’re going to announce the next phase which is going to serve some of the city’s sickest kids.

You? Rock. [rocker kick] Ow. I’m old.

The Scarehouse (oooooeeeeeeoooo) joined up with the folks at Burgatory (yummmmmummmmmuuumm) to offer a new alcoholic (though non-alcoholic is an option LOL) limited-time-only ice cream shake called The Scarehouse Shake, with proceeds from the sale of the shake going to Make Room for Kids!

For one month I am asking you to eat burgers and fries and drink shakes FOR SICK KIDS. The only thing that could be better is if I asked you to eat carrot cake every day for a month for sick kids.

I’ll do anything for sick kids and I’ll do anything for a milkshake, so this really works out well for me and my fat ass. Is there a song called “My Ass Jiggle Brings All the Boys to the Yard” because if so, it’s my new anthem, ringtone, and possibly funeral processional dirge.

Here’s a little video featuring the awesome Laura Kelly in which she learns what’s in the shake and let me tell you what’s in the shake because I have already tried it and died and went to heaven where my ass jiggle was welcomed with open arms: ice cream, chocolate vodka, crack cocaine, unicorn breath, red velvet cake and more. All for sick kids in our city.

YouTube Preview Image

Don’t you just want to sink your teeth into that juicy eyeball? Me too! And to think that by drinking a delicious shake you’re funneling money to our city’s sick kids via the Mario Lemieux Foundation.

There are two locations you can get this shake: The Waterworks location, which is where we filmed that video at buttcrack of dawn a.m. or the newly opened Robinson location at The Pointe.

They are available beginning tomorrow until the end of October, so please, for the kids, get a Scarehouse Shake at Burgatory.

Tell them PittGirl sent you and they’ll be all, “PittGirl?! Didn’t that bitch die?”

1. Noelle
    October 3, 2012 6:32 pm

So who do we have to sleep-with/pay-off/beg to get a Burgertory in Market Square?

• Julia
      October 4, 2012 1:25 pm

Seriously! That would be awesome.

• Noelle
        October 4, 2012 4:47 pm

Not that I want to put Wingharts out of biz, but I think they could both thrive.

• bucdaddy
          October 5, 2012 10:58 am

I went by Winghart’s on Sunday with intentions of having a shot before the ballgame and it wasn’t open. I went by Winghart’s after the game with intentions of having a shot and it wasn’t open. It HAD been open on a Sunday when I went to a ballgame in August (we were, however, the only two customers inside the whole time we were there).

It all kind of made me wonder if Winghart’s is still in business on the Square.

And for anyone wondering, that Winghart’s doesn’t have wings. I noted the irony to the waitress, who rolled her eyes.

“You get that a lot, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” she said. “Winghart is the owner’s name.”

Good pizza, though. Good beer selection.

2. WIMom
    October 3, 2012 7:35 pm

I am seriously considering travelling to the Burgh just to have one (or two or so) of those milkshakes. OMG- it looks so good and since it is for such a good cause, the calories don’t count, right?

October 4, 2012 11:58 am

Isn’t there an “h” missing from Burgatory?

I’ll keep this in mind if I’m up your way, but the baseball season is over (P-playoffs? Don’t talk about playoffs) and it’s too soon to Christmas shop and I don’t think I have to pick up anyone at the airport anytime soon, but you never know.

4. Amanda
    October 4, 2012 1:09 pm

Speaking of the Scarehouse, is there going to be an event there this year like last year for Make Room for Kids?

• ScareHouse Scott
      October 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Amanda, we’re not planning a “Crazy Scary” event this year – but we’re hoping that the ScareHouse Shake raises even more $$ and awareness for Make Room For Kids.

5. Butcher's Dog
    October 4, 2012 1:42 pm

Ass Jiggle would be a cool band name. Just sayin’.

6. Jesse
    October 4, 2012 6:05 pm

I’m a displaced burgher living in upstate NY – how can I get one of those shakes mailed to me??

7. emilie
    October 8, 2012 2:06 pm

Um let me just say that the Scarehouse Shake is the best damn shake I have EVER had…..got it yesterday and have been daydreaming about it ever since….Yinz get out there and get one, cuz they are the bomb! XOXO

Switch to our mobile site