Random n’at

1. Note to self: Insert random personal tidbit here. Make yourself sound youthful, vibrant, exciting, perfect, and above all else, cellulite-free.

2. Pittsburgh is the new Hollywood.

Proof: The guy who produced Batman: The Dark Knight Rises, and who is producing the new Superman movie, and who owns part of the Steelers, and who is the CEO of Legendary Pictures … just bought a home in Pittsburgh.

Go read where his home is going to be and how big and then let me know how I can become this guy’s BFF.

3. This lady is 100.

Go watch the video and listen to her talk.

She’s 100!

100!!!!!!!!

I’ll have what she’s having.

I hope she’s having tequila.

4. I just don’t have time this week to write a WTRT for the debacle that was the most recent Steelers game. I can just offer you this:

And that about sums it up.

5. How many people in a row can UPMC executives hear criticize them for their business practices before they walk out of the room?

Four. The answer is four.

Watch the video. It’s funny. The guys are like, “You audi? I’m audi.”

6. The city is giving away tickets on Facebook to this weekend’s Jack Reacher premiere with Tom Cruise.

Not mentioned … the winner will have to fight Snoop Ravey Rave for the chance to take a red carpet selfie with Tom.

7. Pittsburgh is the 6th naughtiest city in America.

And before you freak out:

The report says 69 percent of people in Pittsburgh admitted to committing one of the seven deadly sins at least six times a week.

So the rest of the country doesn’t fall victim to sloth, or gluttony, or pride on a regular basis?

I think what this study has REALLY shown is that Pittsburgh is the 6th most honest city in the nation.

Suck it, Portland.

8.  OK! Magazine Russia named Geno the most eligible bachelor and then failed to put a shirtless picture on the cover.

Jerks.

(h/t Charles, who amazingly didn’t send me a link to the catfish article!)

9. A little boy fighting Spinal Muscular Atrophy would like a Christmas card from you.

So send him one!

(h/t Bobby)

10. Eat’n Park made cookies featuring their famous Christmas tree from their commercial!

I love it!

11. Mister Rogers swagga.

(h/t Bobby)

12. Matt Lammmmmmmmanna went to Antarctica.

Sounds cozy.

(h/t Kathee)

1. mariane main
    December 11, 2012 3:39 pm

69 percent? coincidence? I think not! lol

2. Michelle
    December 11, 2012 3:52 pm

UPMC boss Jeffrey Romoff, made $6 million last year. I think that is pretty #@*&! profitable!!!

Read more: http://triblive.com/home/1641276-74/million-compensation-penn-west-allegheny-bonus-romoff-system-upmc-deferred#ixzz2EmL0UYsL
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

• KGC
      December 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Actually, for an organization the size and breadth of UPMC,, that’s not outrageous.

Listen, I despise UPMC (and sPitt), but being CEO of a huge organization is not a 9-5, M-F job and the role requires someone with a huge amount of experience, contacts, leadership, etc.

For those who disagree and spew the ‘rich CEO’ argument, let me ask you – How does it affect you? Would YOU be any better off if he made, say, only $1M? Have you every been President/CEO of any Company? It’s not all fun and games. /voice of experience

• BOO to the YAH!
        December 11, 2012 7:19 pm

I am somewhat OK wth the salary (even though CEOs salaries are an ever-higher multiplier of the average employee) – its the monopolitsic businesses that are the issue. Its a modern-day trust, and they are hiding behind the charitable care they have to give anyway in order to make the uni-dimensional health system even less competitive.

• Butcher's Dog
          December 12, 2012 7:09 am

Well, I get steamed when that “charitable” thing starts to shrink. Here in my small Mercer County town there’s a UPMC branch that, several years ago, closed it ob/gyn services. Ain’t birthin’ no babies here, no matter what. Area serves a fairly high number of Amish families. Shortly after the “rightsizing”, an Amish woman died on the way to a farther-away hospital where she could have the baby. Obscene, and I’m really hoping that there’s a special place in Hell for all those involved in this decision. Make your millions here and “profit” countless untold more millions as a non-profit. I’m hoping there’s justice in the next life.

Steps off soapbox. For now.

• Erin
          December 12, 2012 11:17 am

EXACTLY. F*** UPMC and those execs who walked out. I heard somebody yell something about hoping their mothers needed medical care one day. That’s right.

3. empirechick
    December 11, 2012 3:53 pm

But hey, at least UPMC is opening food banks for its employees!! That’s a far better idea than paying people a living wage. What a great place to work! Truly a pillar of the community! [\sarcasm]

• KGC
      December 11, 2012 7:12 pm

What the heck is a ‘living wage’? $10/hr? $20/hr? $100,000/yr? Please enlighten me.

I was always under the impression that an individual should expect to be paid what he/she is worth to the organization based on his/her education, experience, perceived value to the organization, etc. Not making enough money? Shoud have stayed in school, taken subjects other than social psychology (etc.), or delayed that family-thing. No one forced anyine to take a job and no one is forcing someone to stay on a job. (Although, I will agree that the actions of the Obama administration have and will make it VERY, VERY difficult to move to a new job. If someone voted for ‘The One’ – elections have consequences.)

• J.
        December 12, 2012 8:09 am

The comments you have made are so snobbish.

I have an MBA and still don’t make enough money because I am female in a male dominanted world. You can not make generalizations like that.

And buddy I didn’t take those courses that you are smashmouthing. I have a degree in accounting a minor in management with a masters degree in IT. All paid for with scholarships and working my way through with two jobs. I don’t think a doctorate in accounting will get me the $30,000 more in pay that I deserve but will never get.

I’m not married. I’ve concentrated so hard on my career that is no more than a job that i’ve missed out on that segment on my life. So there goes another generalization.

don’t spout your generalizations. Maybe instead of walking in a CEO’s shoes you need to come back down to earth. Your as out of reality as the politicians who say everything is great. People are FORCED to take jobs to support themselves. People are FORCED to stay in jobs because there is no where to go. People are FORCED to do what they have to because hard work does NOT get you what you deserve. You just learn to manage.

UPMC CEO might earn it but really would cutting back on his salary when so many are suffering really make that much impact on his world. It probably would because no one ever thinks they make enough. Fact of life. Or really they make a lot of money and yes they give some money to needy people, but the fact they claim they are non-profit is just typical of the ways to not pay taxes and get away with stuff. There are very few REAL non profits.

Oh wait maybe i should just quit it all and let everyone else take care of me. Then all would be right with the world. I didn’t vote for the “one” but I will have to suffer the consequences. I work two jobs. One I own(have not take a salary since I opened) and the one that pays the bills and the salary of those I employ. Do I get accolades for any of this hard work? NOPE! That is reserved for the screwups and the people who don’t work hard.

Do I sound grumpy? Yes because I’ve been at work for 3 weeks sick due to the fact it’s year end. Do they appreciate it? No, but it’s expected.

Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry Ginny if this was inappropriate. I probably should not have posted…………lol

signed
        a very tired person who doesn’t get what she deserves despite the hard work.

• Erin
          December 12, 2012 11:28 am

May I recommend “Nickel and Dimed”, by Barbara Ehrenreich?

KGC, yes some people ARE forced to take these low-paying jobs and ARE forced to stay in them. Even through no fault of their own.

I agree with you on taking practical subjects in school, but I think then we’re talking about a different set of people.

I would really caution you against judging and spewing these platitudes. Almost everyone in this country is one medical catastrophe away from being broke. There but for the grace of God and all that.

• Butcher's Dog
            December 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Amen, Erin! I read the theatrical version of Nickel and Dimed; it’s really powerful stuff. Reinforces my pro-union bias.

4. Scott
    December 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Funny pic of Ben, but to be fair, of all the Steelers that contributed to the pants soiling last Sunday, he’s probably the least guilty. Just sayin’….

• bucdaddy
      December 12, 2012 11:28 am

I dunno. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB hit a lineman in the butt with a lateral before.

5. Butcher's Dog
    December 11, 2012 4:12 pm

The 100 year old woman got my attention as well. Amazing. Unlike the Steelers’ performance this week.

6. Monty
    December 11, 2012 4:29 pm

I do not think “red carpet selfie” means what you think it means.

7. Jason E
    December 19, 2012 1:38 pm

I’ve always been a Cowboys fan. Despite that, I’ve checked in on your blog every once in a while, mainly because I don’t hate the Steelers, which is mostly attributable to Troysus. I’ve patiently waited for a Cowboys/Steelers lineup so I could see what you put up after the game. I’m really, really disappointed you skipped it.

• Virginia
      December 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn’t have time to write a recap and I didn’t really feel like being humorous in light of the events in Newtown.