1. It’s cold. I’m cold. I’m ready for spring. And the only thing keeping me warm is the Nick and Jess kiss on New Girl.
HAWT LIKE HELL FIRE!
2. You will never ever ever convince me that the person who invented this knitting craft isn’t sick in the head. SO SICK IN THE HEAD.
(h/t Samantha. Can I call you Sam?)
3. Cat lovers are voting for Lukey, but dog lovers are voting for Peduto.
Straight G. Lukey Cube is my fave.
4. Remember that screed I wrote called “Fed up” about rude Burghers? Go read the story of how one woman in a car in Homewood restored my faith in the kindess of our people.
I heard a voice call out. “Excuse me, miss!”
I turned toward the road, and there was the young lady. In her car. Leaning out her window. I resisted the urge to hit the pavement in case I was about to experience a drive-by from a woman who yells “Excuse me, miss!” before shooting her victims.
She fired 10 words.
5. From the A.V. Club comes the best Mister Rogers post ever. “Is Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood the Greatest TV Show Ever?” is worth a read.
And this video they feature of Mister Rogers remaining unflappable in the face of Joan Rivers’ snark is worth a look.
He was Jesus.
6. Speaking of Mister Rogers, last night while doing the dishes, I had TBS on the kitchen TV when Family Guy came on, a show I’ve never seen (I LOVED IT!). This was the opening scene in which Stewie dreams of destroying The Neighborhood of Make Believe. It’s terrible but I couldn’t help laughing at Lady Elaine’s body thwapping around her carousel and also … “Meow meow skin graft meow meow!”
Sorry Mister Rogers.
7. Governor Corbett has introduced a plan to privatize the liquor sales in Pennsylvania. His goal is to get the state out of the liquor sales business. And to trust us people to buy our alcohol out from under their Big Brother eye without becoming a commonwealth of alcoholics who only have ambitions as they relate to the procurement of the devil’s juice. To join the other states in the union who long ago realized what a ridiculous waste of money and manpower it is to remain committed to this outdated bastion of prohibition.
Anyway, if this goes through? This is what I’ll do the first time I see wine at Target …
8. If you’re a musician who would like to do a nice thing for a local boy battling cancer, then perhaps you’ll write a song for Aidan too?
9. A Youngstown native wrote a piece claiming my “menacingly stabby” article about Pittsburgh’s ownership of the wedding cookie table just isn’t true.
LA-LA-LA-LA-I CAN’T HEAR YOU.
10. In about one week I will be launching the fundraising effort for the next phase of Make Room for Kids on behalf of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Would you be there for me and the sick kids of Pittsburgh, please?