Random n’at

1. Oh my God. Don’t even get me started on this whole Mayor Luke fiasco. I can’t even comment on this until we actually know what the hell he has decided, if anything, about his future as mayor.

But I tell you this, if he had his staff send out pizza to the press who had been waiting for eight hours and who would continue to wait into the evening, knowing full well at the time that he had no intention of speaking to them that day … [awkward kung fu moves].

Because this?

With a bevy of cameras trained on the mayor’s door, Mr. Zober, keenly aware he was being watched, walked into the office carrying a guitar. Seconds later, he reappeared with a checkered flag.

In the evening, two of the mayor’s aides delivered pizza to the media, but refused to say anything about the mayor’s whereabouts or whether a news conference was imminent. By 7 p.m., the lights in the office had darkened.

Sounds suspiciously like they were just effing with the media yesterday.

And if they were? Grow up. It’s a FREAKING CITY YOU ALL ARE RUNNING. Not a sideshow.

Gawd.

2. Just bought this amazing Christopher Nix print of Roberto:

RobertoNix

Amazing.

3. Pittsburgh the next home of an official Lingerie League team?

The teams go by names like Steam, Charm, Heart, Bliss, Sin, Mist and Temptation.

I’m sorry. I just can’t take it seriously. It’s like pudding wrestling without the pudding.

4. Speaking of!

kateposter

5. The city’s St. Patrick’s Day parade has an official shirt!

stpattysshirt

So does Las Velas.

2013-02-26 19.27.54

5. Time to start getting your teams together for the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council Trivia Bowl!

6. And time to help our local middle school girls who need help affording pads and tampons.

On The Spot is back! Eat all the cookies!

7. What in the actual hell?

YouTube Preview Image

Laziest. Pigeon. Ever.

(h/t Ian)

8. Letter writing weekend! Return to your pre-email roots and write some letters on some awesome stationery. Send one to your grandma.

There’s one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

9. Jory Rand takes a hit from Brooks Orpik, and not a bong hit. A BOOM! hit.

But it’s a baby hit, so maybe not so much “BOOM!” and more “pew pew.”

[pew pew], Jory.

10. Troysus continues to Troysus his Troysusness. This time by helping two step-sisters who were victims of bullying.

Troysus for Pope 2013.

(h/t Jocelyn)

11. From the “Move Ya Jagoff” people comes Heinz verus Hunts:

YouTube Preview Image

12. I should have to turn in my Burgher card for how much I sucked at this game, “Click that ‘hood!”

Make me feel better about myself and let me know how shitty you did.

Unless you did well, then just keep it to yourself. Nobody likes a braggart.

(h/t Jerry)

1. Jeremy
    March 1, 2013 9:04 am

Does 2 minutes and 30 seconds qualify as bad?? That is the feeling I have right now!

2. spoon
    March 1, 2013 9:37 am

This is really going to screw a lot of yinzer up for those that never cross bridges or drive through tunnels.

3. PittinDC
    March 1, 2013 10:06 am

Admittedly, I don’t live in Pgh anymore, so I only pay partial attention to the politics of the city, but Luke isn’t doing anything different than any other government official. I mean, all of them screw with the press, and make stupid decisions sometimes, and are generally awful. Whoever wins the election is probably going to do the same thing.

4. Toni
    March 1, 2013 11:27 am

It’s a GREAT day in Pittsburgh!!!!! He’s NOT running for re-election!!!! Only thing better would have been his resignation!

5. Robin
    March 1, 2013 2:49 pm

I would hope Pittsburgh would be too cultured for a lingerie league, but then they have the pudding wrestling.

6. Jen
    March 1, 2013 3:02 pm

The mayor can be a “subject” of the investigation without being a “target.” Those are two different, specific terms. Also, Martha Stewart was never convicted of the crime she lied to federal agents about, but she was convicted of lying to federal agents about it. If the mayor wants to avoid going to jail he had to tell the whole truth in that interview, and that truth, whether it implicates him in a crime or not, may not be the same as what he has been telling the media.

7. Callser
    March 1, 2013 3:33 pm

I met and spoke with Christopher Nix last summer and saw his artwork in person, and it is nothing short of absolutely AMAZING!! And affordable!

8. oh please
    March 1, 2013 4:42 pm

What credit card do you think the Mayor used to pay for the pizza?

March 2, 2013 1:40 am

1. You get the government you deserve.

7. Why isn’t videoing while driving a primary offense?

• Butcher's Dog
      March 3, 2013 2:45 pm

‘daddy, what did we do to deserve what we have in Washington, then, aside from allow gerrymandering to occur every 10 years?

• bucdaddy
        March 5, 2013 11:07 am

Largely, we complained about the government we had and then kept electing the same people to it, which only encouraged the electees to keep doing what they always did*. I threw up my hands after the last election and joined the Libertarians. We won’t win any elections, but at least we pretty much know that going in, so expectations are very low. Kind of like rooting for the Pirates; I don’t expect to see another winning season in what’s left of my lifetime. Takes a lot of the pressure off of trying to get it right, and removes the frustration when we fail.

*–Which I love to characterize as “Taking a dollar out of your left pocket, subtracting a hefty charge for overhead, putting 70 cents back in your right pocket and expecting you to throw them a parade.”

• Heather
      March 5, 2013 12:57 pm

7. Agreed!!!

Also, it should be a primary offense to modify your voice to try to sound like the double rainbow guy in order to try to become a YouTube sensation. I’m not normally mean, but this dude sound like a major idiot.

10. Kilgore
    March 3, 2013 10:19 am

3. I watched lingerie football once on TV and those girls were real ATHLETES. They were really, really good and I couldn’t believe they were playing with very little protective gear. It’s a shame there is no venue for their talent unless they are willing to strip down to their undies.

12. I sucked at “Click that Hood” too, but then I live in Grove City! (I did think I knew most of the hoods though but sadly, I don’t).

11. Butcher's Dog
    March 3, 2013 2:44 pm

Could we offer some potential names for the lingerie team? Pittsburgh push-ups? Partiers? Just a thought.

12. PA Girl in VA
    March 3, 2013 5:34 pm

I can’t get the “Click That Hood” to come up – anyone else encountering a problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

13. jdog
    March 5, 2013 12:08 am

When you get a chance, check out a Lingerie (Legends) Football League game. These girls hit hard, they take the game seriously and the games are fun to watch. Are the uniforms part of the attraction? Of course. But the games are real (Vegas publishes lines on the games just like the NFL) and the league appears to be going global. There is a league in Canada (they played in the Fall of 2012) and leagues in Australia and Europe are in development. The ‘commissioner’ Mitch Mortaza is somewhat of a d-bag but this shouldn’t be surprising given the nature of the league.

Switch to our mobile site