1. My God, it’s been so long since I posted here that I almost forgot my WordPress password.
Good thing “DavidConrad4Evah” is so easy to remember.
I kept trying my old passwords of “Nutella4Evah” and “ISeeDeadPigeons.”
2. I’m back from a week at Disney World and at some point I’ll write about that experience and I will draw comparisons between Disney and painful childbirth and also Satan.
3. Girls get periods, but not every girl can afford period-related necessities. That’s where local project On The Spot (get it? ON THE SPOT. Get it?) comes in.
Are you man enough to swagger in with a box of tampons in your hand?
Pics or it didn’t happen.
The History Center is holding its next Pittsburgh’s Hidden Treasures this month, so go digging in your attic and go get your old stuff appraised and give me ten percent of whatever you make.
Make it twenty.
I wonder if my 30-year-old Annie doll is worth anything. Would it increase in value if I told you that eight-year-old me wrote my name on her butt with a permanent marker?
5. What I wrote over at Pittsburgh Magazine: “Leave Sidney Alone!”
6. Hilarious Pittsburgh Dad on vacation video.
The hermit crab in the bronze baby shoe joke gets an A plus.
Also, it’s cute how Curt tries to hide the fact that he’s young and hot. Not possible.
You can catch Pittsburgh Dad AKA Curt Wootton in a summer production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof!
7. I’m on the hunt for the best minimalist Burghy tattoos for Pittsburgh Magazine, and please for the love of dictionaries, make sure you know what minimalist means before you send me a picture of a black and gold unicorn giving birth to the Steelers logo while leaping over a firework-filled Pittsburgh skyline.
Email me pics at virginia [at] thatschurch.com!
8. My bandwagon is absolutely, positively full. The weight has burdened us down so much we’re moving about five miles an hour and I’m replacing oxen every third block. I haven’t seen anyone tuck and roll since that drunk guy back when we were cruising Grant Street about a month ago, who muttered something about “Giving Lukey a piece of my mind” before rolling up the steps to the City County Building.
Be not afraid. This is the year. Join the bandwagon. No judgment. Just acceptance, hugs, and margaritas.
And lots of wenches.
I’m gonna need Mitch to edit this cartoon to cross out “plenty of” and replace it with “A few crappy.”
Let’s go Bucs!