What WE’RE really thinking: meme edition

petsheads

Oh, boy.

0-3.

All parts of the team are broken down.

More turnovers than those that come in an actual box of turnovers.

It looked hopeful for like 3 minutes there and then the portal to hell opened up and swallowed us whole.

I’m not even exaggerating. I saw Satan.

CT bears-steelers01.JPG

May your boobs shrivel up and fall off. Yours too, Mila.

It’s just a game. It’s not the end. There’s still hope. Don’t fling yourself from the Clemente Bridge. (Unless the Pirates don’t make the post-season, then fling yourself with gusto while screaming ARRRIBBBAAAAAA! the whole way down. The irony will be beautiful.)

We lost and it sucked, but it’s just football.

I know that. But that didn’t stop me from making some memes to make myself feel better.

And that’s all she wrote … about that heaping pile of pigskin garbage:

ben

bencoach

brown

Seriously, Antonio. That shit is annoying. Knock it off and get back to the huddle.

haley

sack

troysus

That was badass and one of the few positives I can point out.

Other positives:

Pregnancy tests. Integers. Ions. Affirmations.

Hahahah! I’m punchy!

[Punch]

Next week. London against the 0-3 Vikings.

Here’s hoping we don’t drop a clanger and make arses of ourselves.

Cheerio!

Bugger all!

Rumpy pumpy and How’s Your Father?

Throw some shrimp on the barbie!

Did I do that right?

Who cares?

Punch.

1. WI Mom
    September 23, 2013 10:55 am

I have a feeling that it is going to be a long, long season…….
    And the Pirates.. my head is going to explode if they miss the playoffs.

2. Vivian
    September 23, 2013 11:07 am

London is a long way to go to lose. I hope we win. Otherwise the boys will have a pretty long ride home to think things over. Maybe that’s what they need and then they’ll win the season out 12-4. It can happen (Angels In The Outfield). A girl can dream can’t she?

3. Akirah
    September 23, 2013 12:01 pm

I dunno if I should be crying or laughing at this.

September 23, 2013 12:09 pm

I was in a bar showing the game last night and watched most of the first half. I’d like to apologize for doubting all you guys. You were right: That team sucks.

Go, (gasp … wheeze) Bucs!

5. Chris
    September 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Along those Dumb and Dumber lines…

Ben, about Todd Hailey’s playcalling: Yeah I called him up. He gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to him, or something. I don’t know, I wasn’t really paying attention.

6. Bethany
    September 23, 2013 1:34 pm

I’ll be at the London game… It’s my birthday present since I turn 31 that day. I’m praying for a birthday miracle…

7. Magnus Patris
    September 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Just remember Ms. Kunis’ real first name is LUDMILA. Yea, makes her even a little less attractive now, doesn’t it?

8. MattDC
    September 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Great post-mortem analysis, as always.

For those fearful of a Pirates collapse, beathe deeply. Clear your mind. As a resident of your nation’s capital, I have watched both Bucs and Nats closely, and the only way for the Pirates to miss the playoffs entirely is to lose every game this week while the Nats win every game, including 3 in St. Louis. I know that many of you have been wandering in the desert for 40 years, but sometimes a mirage is actually a real oasis.

9. WI Mom
    September 23, 2013 2:56 pm

“But that didn’t stop me from making some memes to make myself feel better.”
    It makes me feel about as better as I can after these last three weeks. Thanks, Ginny, you ‘re still the best.

10. Ginny's Dad
    September 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Look on the bright side. We are going to get the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. I think we should draft Nick Saban, the head coach of Alabama … Unless Tony Dungy would come out of retirement.

11. Dan
    September 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Most of the sports commentators, local and national, clueless. Thanks, this is great.

12. Dan
    September 23, 2013 8:20 pm

And the late evening sports talk shows would be much better if they invited you once and a while

September 24, 2013 1:13 am

Could it be? Is it possible? Could this be the year that on some Wednesday in December the Steelers are 2-14 and are NOT the lead story on every station’s every newscast, with every shameless anchor and sportscaster fawning and drooling over them? …

Nah, who’m I kiddin’? They’d be the lead story BECAUSE they’re 2-14.

14. PA Girl in VA
    September 24, 2013 10:31 am

I thought I was the only one getting pi$$ed off by AB with his stupid first down celebrations. Do something worth celebrating and then maybe, just maybe, a hoot and a holler will be OK. smh

15. Julia
    September 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I didn’t feel about not staying up to watch the 4th quarter of this game. At least we’re not the only team who’s 0-3. There are four teams, right?

16. Julia
    September 24, 2013 12:45 pm

*didn’t feel bad about not staying up

Whoops

17. Ginny's Dad
    September 24, 2013 6:59 pm

I didn’t watch enough of the game to see Antonio’s 1st down antics, but Tomlin needs to stop that crap. That tells me that AB is more concerned about his individual performance than the team’s. The great coaches like Lombardi, Landry, Noll etc would not tolerate that showmanship. The team is in disarray because, in my opinion, the team is lacking leadership.

18. MattDC
    September 24, 2013 9:11 pm

It may too early to write them off, but I wonder if the NFL shouldn’t take some lessons from MLB. The fans should be willing to vote with their feet. PNC Park used to be deserted by August 1, the day after the owners sold off the only talent on the team. But football fans never seem willing to express their disapproval with their wallets. Not just in Pittsburgh, but everywhere. When the home team sucks, there are lots of other things to do on Sunday afternoon. Really.

Switch to our mobile site