Big Ben said … bongggg bonggggg bongggg.

The things Ben Roethlisberger has said about himself since going 0-3.

• “We can’t, I can’t, turn the ball over, plain and simple.”
  • “I honestly thought the two fumbles were good plays. Sometimes I don’t want to call it luck, but sometimes they hit the ball just right and it pops out.”

Things the Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross has said about the rest of the team:

• “You can’t get a read on him. One day, he’s practicing, one day, he’s not; one day, he’s going hard, the next day, he’s not. If he was a guy like Heath Miller that you knew was busting his butt every day to get back … Le’Veon is a rookie. I don’t know him quite well enough yet. But if he can come back and help us, we’ll take him.”
  • “I’ll go say something to him to see if it hurt his feelings.”
  • “Be tough. Be nasty. If you have to get a penalty because you’re going to be nasty, a holding penalty or you’re going to choke someone out on a run play … I don’t always think that’s a bad thing if you get a penalty every once in a while because you’re playing tough and nasty compared to not getting any penalties and just playing passive. I know the O-line coach [Jack Bicknell Jr.] probably didn’t want to hear me say that, but I just want them to have the confidence to go out and play the way that I know they can.”
  • “I need them to have a confidence and a cockiness about themselves. Everyone is talking bad about them, but you know what? They’re here for a reason. They were the best ones on their college teams, they got drafted high. They need to go out there and play with a confidence and an attitude that (says), ‘You know what? I’m the baddest guy out here.”

chandler

Seriously. Stop talking to the media. You’re terrible at it.

1. Jacquelyn Gerring
    September 26, 2013 10:31 am

Well yes but then he would be to good to talk to the media…and you would have another reason to complain. And I love how you took each one out of context…

2. John
    September 26, 2013 10:41 am

Ben’s done. Mike the Coach is WAY done. Time for new meat

3. Jim
    September 26, 2013 10:48 am

Seems like Jacquelyn doesn’t know the meaning of “taken out of context.”

Those are direct quotes about his teammates. From Ben. Nuff said.

• Jacquelyn Gerring
      September 30, 2013 8:53 am

Check the questions he was asked. He was answering a question. Just admit you don’t like his honest response. Just admit it.

The “fans” should give him a list of stuff he is allowed to say. Because the NFL requires the players to speak with the media so he can’t avoid it.

4. Jim
    September 26, 2013 11:10 am

Looks all over for links to click…

September 26, 2013 12:07 pm

I’m just trying to figure out why “Le’Veon” needed an apostrophe.

Seriously, moms and dads: Stop it already.

6. Ken
    September 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I’ll take those comments over the plain, generic sports rhetoric that means nothing.

September 27, 2013 2:29 am

Love your headline. I’ve long thought Bennie looks like if he had to work for a living, he’d be the assistant to the assistant on a roofing job, and every once in awhile the boss would have to say, “Dammit, Bennie, I told you to get them shingles up the ladder. If I catch you smoking doobies behind the heat pump again, you’re fired.”

8. gunnlino
    October 1, 2013 1:37 pm

@bucdaddy……… obviously you’ve worked in the roofing trade .

Switch to our mobile site