Random n@.

1.  My 90’s/late 80’s kick is in full force now.

I Tivo’d and watched Mannequin this weekend.  Then, while watching PopUp Video, I saw a commercial informing me that VH1 Classic has just about every video ever from that period on-line in convenient format.  So I spent an hour or five cruising through some old Bon Jovi (Bed of Roses!), some old Paula Abdul (Straight Up!), some old Martika (Toy Soldiers!), some old Madonna (Take a Bow!), and if I told you I didn’t, would NEVER, watch an old Michael Bolton video, pshaw, I’d be lying through my teeth (Said I Love You But I Lied!).

Then, readers started emailing me that New Kids on the Block were reuniting(!).  And try as I might to be all, “Meh.  They’re so old, now.” I couldn’t help the internal SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! that rose within me.

I’m completely stoked for it.

Squee.

It’s definitely a crisis.  Help me.

(h/t Barb, Emilie, Alexis)

2.   There’s a new Yappin Yinzer, Nebby Debbie, with some of the most awesome mall-hair bangs ever.  ‘Sgoinon?

(h/t BurgherinArkansas)

3.  So I watched this hilarious video that fully illustrates the pure deliberate evilness of some birds and I can’t decide if I’m all this:

Or if I’m all this:

I’m both.

(h/t Ed)

4.   My new anthem!  A snippet:

When they see us coming, the birdies all try an’ hide,
But they still go for peanuts when coated with cyanide.
The sun’s shining bright,
Ev’rything seems all right,
When we’re poisoning pigeons in the park.

Here pigeon, pigeon, pigeon.  It’s just a peanut.

(h/t Tony)

5.   Assuming they are still dating, Sonni Abatta’s boyfriend is back in the Burgh.

6.  It’s old, but new to me.  Sid the Kid and the Gatorade commercial.

7.  Speaking of commercials, have you see this one?  OMG I think I laughed for five straight minutes at it.

8.  Here’s a David Conrad tribute video on YouTube and you’ll notice that they stuck my picture of him in there (1:35). Man, you are really hard up for some pictures of David Conrad if you go with the grainy, half-face camera phone shot.

1. Frank
    January 28, 2008 12:50 pm

As long as the hour to five stays confined to weekends instead of, say, all day at work, I think you’re still in the healthy side!

2. DW
    January 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Wall Street and Weekend at Bernie’s on over the weekend, too!

3. Displaced Burgher
    January 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Sonni Abatta was dating Kris Beech? Huh?

4. Zach
    January 28, 2008 2:02 pm

That is awesome. An 80’s and 90’s kick. Makes me want to pull out the NES, lace up my Chucks, and watch Footloose.

5. Pingback: Dating Advice - Anything ‘08 : Blog Archive : Random n@.

6. Julie
    January 28, 2008 2:46 pm

#5: That was one of the songs I learned how to play on piano way back when. My aunt gave me the book of piano songs, which includes such classics as “Poisoning Pigeons in the Park”(noted in your post), “Masochism Tango,” and one of my personal favorites “The Old Dope Peddler.”

7. Pingback: Madonna » Blog Archive » Random n@.

8. Bram R
    January 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Okay PittGirl honestly. Do you actually hunt for all this news, or do legions of minions just fill your inbox with the stuff hourly?

9. Deaner
    January 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Bad news on the NKOTB reunion tour….

Danny Wood just sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

“Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can’t believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood”

10. spoon
    January 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Dwood? BWHAHAHAHAHAAH OK, I’m going by S*poon from now on. or maybe FathersPoon

11. lisalisa
    January 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Don’t be too sad yet. Apparently Dwood has changed his tune. Here’s his latest myspace bulletin:

More On NKOTB…

Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought “maybe someday we’ll get back together” – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on http://www.NKOTB.com.

Danny Wood

–so there is hope, pittgirl.

12. Jonesin' for Pittgirl
    January 28, 2008 7:49 pm

#6. I have GOT to get me some of that!!!

13. Brian of Brooklyn
    January 28, 2008 8:12 pm

I’m actually nerd enough to own a CD (a Doctor Demento comp) that includes both Poisoning Pigeons In The Park and the Masochism Tango. And nerdier still to actually admit it.

14. Steeler_tom
    January 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Man oh man Pittgirl! That video shows just how evil birds can be, (Especially those damn Canadian ones! Lmao) That just killed me. It does sorta serve him right tho’ just for standing under that tree.

15. Ravishing Rick
    January 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Dear Sonni Abatta if you read this stuff {I do for a good laugh} you would be a fool if you took him back,once a Cheat always a Cheat,can’t believe that you of all people
    are that desperate for love and affection,how can you even trust again knowing where he’s been,key word to all this is Trust

16. spoon
    January 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Dear Sonni Abatta if you read this stuff please get AliMo on here.

smootches

-spoon

17. Ravishing Rick
    January 28, 2008 11:10 pm

The Hell with AliMo on here
    Lets get EliMae

18. Melissa
    January 28, 2008 11:46 pm

I was onboard until the NKOTB came up….no way. Never really liked boy bands…with the exception of N Sync…I will say that I would love if they got back together for a last album.

19. Ryan
    January 29, 2008 12:56 am

PittGirl…I love the Calvin and Hobbs pics you always use. One of the best comics ever…I think I need to go get some books of that.

Hey, check out a new blog my friend and I started…The Wheelhouse.

20. Sarah
    January 29, 2008 11:24 am

All I’m saying is that if NKOTB came to the burgh, you know Mellon would be filled with girls ages 20 to 35, screaming and being silly. There would be no actual young girls, because they wouldn’t care at all.

And that would be the best part of the whole thing. I’ve always wondered what it would feel like to be in a cult of Gen Xers

Especially since I will be there with a sign that says “I’ve got your right stuff right here”

21. spoon
    January 29, 2008 12:03 pm

20-35yr olds? maybe 30-40yr olds… and bucdaddy

January 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I once met joey mcintyre — I’m not proud of it.

it was about 10 years ago and he had just released a new cd. I was doing assistant music buying at the time for a major retail chain and he had come in for a meet-and-greet.

I go up to him, shake his hand, then snarl something at him like, “so, what you been doing the past 7 years or so?”

I have to say that he could not have been more graceful in his response — so, kudos to him for that.

January 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Wha? Not at $10/beer, my friend. Not even if it were GOOD beer.

24. Sarah
    January 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Come on now! I’m 22 and I had a New Kids Sleeping Bag. I will be there with all the girls I had sleepovers with.

25. spoon
    January 29, 2008 11:27 pm

Wait you’re 22? OK lets look at this… and I’m using Wikipedia as a reference so bit me.

1986: New Kids on the Block (debut album)
    *You were JUST born

1988-1989: Hangin’ Tough
    *You were 2 or 3

wait, christ i feel old at 31.

nevermind.

26. Manofmanywords
    February 15, 2008 3:02 pm

For you Sonni lovers, I have something even better. A new KD reporter was hired today. Just happens to be Sonni’s best friend and the ex-wife of a former Steeler. She is 5’10 with a smokin bod, crystal baby blues, bootyful face with perfect skin and full lips. AHHHH I saw her leave Ch 2 with Sonni today celebrating. Look out Burgh-Lock up your children! I can see a fab girl-on-girl coming up on KDKA News at 6!

27. URCORRECT
    February 15, 2008 3:08 pm

ALISON WHO? SHE SUX. HOPE THE NEW MANNEQUIN IS BETTER!

28. spoon
    February 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Let me guess, the new KD reporter was also a Pitt Cheerleader?

fugallyall. even CAPS BOY up there. AliMo is the Super Lightweight European Champion of Pittsburgh news. Jimmy Lokay comes over daily to polish her statue and read from the scripture according to Mo.

29. Manofmanywords
    February 15, 2008 7:37 pm

LOL on the Alimo comment! I have no idea on the new girl. I eavesdropped on them for about 20minutes. OK I followed them-can u blame me? All I know is that she was taller than Sonni and HOT! Like swedish bikini team hot-not Pitt cheerleader hot-have you seen those cheerleaders? Yikes! Cannot wait to c them makeout!

30. Manofmanywords
    February 15, 2008 7:40 pm

WAIT! do u know them Sonni &her? I sat down next to them and heard her say “the divorce has been hard, but being married to a Steeler all those years was hardr”. She couldve been joking but I doubt-Sonni was supportive&shocked but they spent more time having fun-laughing and holding hands while they walked-get my drift on the makeout scene? Imgoin to bed to dream about it

31. Matt
    February 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Dear UR and Man,

“Spoon” is a low level Channel 2 worker. He drools over these girls daily, but gets nada!
    How sad?

32. Jeff R.
    February 15, 2008 8:21 pm

I agree

33. spoon
    February 16, 2008 7:57 am

“Matt” you are “funny” now quit asking me for “The Verszyla’s” autogragh. I “think” that quite a few on “here” can “agree” I have no “association” with “Channel 2”.

Stay warm buddy!

34. Jeff R.
    February 16, 2008 8:46 am

SO Spoon, you’re not with KDKA, but your marriage must be in the tank. Why else would you be blogging on a stupid site for months? Wesley Cheesebag!

35. Matt
    February 16, 2008 10:34 am

LOL. Jokes on u. I live in PHX and it’s hot here! Hot like a new juicy kdka reporter or Pitt cheerleader! Scratch that, have u seen the PHX Cards hotties?

36. Styperk
    February 16, 2008 10:57 am

I WISH I WORKED AT CH 2, SO THAT I COULD STOP BEING PISSED AT EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS A JOB!

37. Manofmanywords
    February 16, 2008 1:19 pm

DAMN! didn’t think my passing on gossip, and not nasty gossip would start a fire! “Spoon” you’re my kind of guy, the “Jagoff Kind” Bet this will get your lazy ass juices going. My buddy told me last night that the new reporter is Neil O’Donnell’s wife. Go ahead bash him also. Isn’t that what all Pittsburgher’s do when they’re jealous? Meet me at the 1 gateway center lobby at 10am, so you can stalk Sonni, new girl, and Alisson too. That’s really why your pissy! “LOL”

38. spoon
    February 16, 2008 11:34 pm

“SO Spoon, you’re not with KDKA, but your marriage must be in the tank. Why else would you be blogging on a stupid site for months?”

Jeff, let me clear some things up for you.
    1) How is my marriage in the tank again? Oh because I’m NOT with KDKA. Give up already.
    2) I’m blogging where? I’m commenting here. If that’s the case why are you replying to a “stupid site”?

Come on man and make it worth my time already or come to Blogfest 13 this coming Friday and take it up with me in person. You can buy me a beer while you bask in my awesomeness.

Manofmanywords, you come out also. we’ll chat.

cheers you sexy bitches!

39. Jeff R.
    February 17, 2008 7:55 pm

I’ve posted maybe 3 times, you live on here.

Buy you a beer? No thanx! I’mnot a beerdrinking yinzer. Love the link to your site. Surprised that it wasnt a link to the STillers!

I’ll tell your wife to leave my place now, her hubby’s finally off the computer! LOL

40. STYPERK
    February 17, 2008 8:27 pm

O’DONNELL’S WIFE IS BLONDE, BUT SHE’S FROM JERSEY, HOW HOT CAN SHE BE? WHERE DID THE PITT CHEERLEADER THING COME FROM? THOSE GIRLS ARE KIND OF CUTE, BESIDES WOULD THEY DARE HIRE ANOTHER UNDERAGED GIRL W/NO EXP. SORRY SONNI, YOU’RE GETTING BETTER.

41. Matt
    February 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Since “Spoon” is basking in his prowess, let me also. How about a multi-millionaire pilot for Usairways. I know, I know, “YOU” want to bask in my awesomeness!
    It’s ok that you only have 1 ball, we don’t mind. Bet your wife is a bag too! Home from the bar yet?

42. Matt
    February 17, 2008 11:37 pm

BTW, “Father SPOON”, love your look! The fat, bald thing really works for you. I’ll send you a bag from the west coast.

43. PittGirl
    February 18, 2008 8:09 am

If the lot of you don’t stop picking a fight with Father Spoon, I’ve a mind to show up at Blogfest myself and thrash you all soundly. Then you can bask in the glow of MY awesomeness.

All the money in the world can’t buy you a better personality.

44. spoon
    February 18, 2008 9:35 am

Matt, I’m not fat, I’m fluffy. I think you may have me confused with John Kruk. Usairways having a multi-million dollar pilot makes as much sense as the Port Authority having $100k bus drivers.

PG, our combined awesomeness may be too much for Blogfest to contain and then Woy will have to find another venue.

45. DUMBASses
    March 12, 2008 10:40 am

Funny how these insignificant people get ya’ll crazy!
    Who cares about loser tv reporters, fat beerdrinkers and pitt cheerleaders!

46. DUMBASses
    March 12, 2008 10:41 am

P.S. Spoon is JIM LOKAY

47. Wesley
    March 14, 2008 5:30 pm

PLease remember that they all take dumps!

48. Wesley
    March 14, 2008 5:31 pm

especially that traffic fag. I hate that guy. how annoying can one person be!

49. Matt
    March 24, 2008 3:48 am

Did anyone see that train wreck try to anchor the sunday news? God help Dave Highfield, he must want to choke that over bleached dork.